Friday 10 June 2016

Reunion

 Happy Kuezhang Day!

I've been down with flu for the past 2 nights now. Wanted to blog last night but it was pretty bad. Blocked nose, dry eyes and itchy throat. Perfect package isn't it. Not sure if it's the change in weather pattern (it rains in the evening now, instead of the day) or maybe there's just some flu bug running around. But anyway, it was a great day yesterday! Cause it was Dragon Boat's Festival yesterday (no dragonboats though) and I also went for a mini reunion with my primary school friends here!

As usual we eat rice dumplings (bazhang) on this day. But now that I'm a vegetarian, I can't eat them as they either have chicken or pork inside haha. So I ate kuezhang instead (picture above). Which is just glutinous rice flour mixed with water, wrapped inside bamboo leaves and steamed. It's served with sugar but here we eat it with gula melaka syrup too. Which is really yummy. I had two for breakfast.

I really wonder if this tradition can go on in the future. Well I'll make sure it will definitely.

In the evening I went for a mini reunion with my primary school friends here. My friend, Nicky, is in Sukabumi for a short holiday. He studies in India and has just graduated, but he'll be working there soon. So it's a great time for us to meet up and get reunited together. The last time some of us met was in 2012 when Nicky was back in town as well. And I haven't met some in 14 years.

 Dinner // Reunion

It was just a nice and chill dinner session with them. Funny how we're all grown up now, some working, some trying to find work, some helping their parents and so on. It's just so weird to think that 14 years ago we were all small kids in uniforms running around. Well who would have thought that we'll be where we are now, or where we are not. Nevertheless it's good to see them again. I wish all of you the best in everything you do and I hope we can meet again for some food someday :)

I went home after that and did some calculations as usual. It was 11:30 PM when I finished but my body was having chills and my nose was blocked. So I went to take a bit of nap until about 12:20 and that's when my nose got severely blocked. Went to do more work for a while and I couldn't take it anymore. Slept on my bed till dinner and yup I was like okay I need to take some medicine haha.

I really hate getting flu cause it's super annoying when your nose is blocked heh. But anyway felt much better today, although I'm still having flu and blocked nose during random times of the day. Raw garlic really helps. I've eaten 8 cloves today. Apologies to my dad for bearing my awesome garlicky breath hahaha. I feel so bad cause he was covering his nose while doing work just now.

Alright that's all from me. I hope you had a great week and have a great weekend ahead!

No comments: