Wednesday 27 September 2017

September Rain

Rejoice rejoice! For it's been four days since we've been blessed with rain haha. It was a bloody hot week last week with the sun shining strongly and the clouds gathering every afternoon. It's humid, it's warm it's so stuffy urgh. Also we're running out of water, like my house doesn't receive water till 5-6 PM ish, cause we gotta ration the water according to areas etc. The dry season is real.

We did have like drizzles here and there in the past weeks but meh, doesn't really do much. Also the plants in my house are dying cause they don't receive enough water. And since the only time we have water is at night, my dad and I sometimes water them. But then again, we don't have enough water!

So yeah it's a pretty awesome thing to have rain in the past 4 days. The grass have turned green again and the air feels refreshing. Also the weather has been cooler (obviously). 

Which kinda reminds me of my days in Singapore. Well in a similar and different way. For the past 3 days I've been feeling really cold when I wake up cause the air is cold thanks to the rain. It really reminds me of my days in Singapore, during the primary/secondary school era! How I would wake up feeling really cold in the morning (due to the aircon). And I would err snuggle myself in bed after I bathe. And this is 80% of the reason why I was late to school hahaha.

Although in the late secondary school days, I don't do this cause I decided to get more sleep.

So my daily routine will go like this: I would wake up at 5:30 AM, shower, pooped and brushed my teeth till about 5:45 AM. Have breakfast till 6, and I would.... Watch TV while snuggling on my bed with my blanket cause it's so cold haha. And then leave house at 6:30 to catch the 6:40 bus. Yup. But in sec 3 onwards I ended up waking up at 6, and have breakfast on my way to school/in school.

I know, this is a weird routine haha.

But yeah the past 4 days really reminds me of these days! These silly days. How I would snuggle under the blanket in Singapore before going to school haha. I seriously can't believe it's been 9 years.

No comments: