Sunday 3 September 2017

Weekend Everyday

I think we should all create a word that describes the moment you go to bed on Saturday night, realising that tomorrow is Sunday and that Monday is coming after that. The moment of despair and sadness realising the weekend is going to be over really soon. Well like I always say, I don't have such things as weekends cause I always have things to do. So I don't feel that bad. But still, a bit sad haha.

I think we should call it Satun - Satur + Sun. It sounds like satan. Like as if the satan is laughing at you as you go to bed, enjoying the despair you feel about the fact that the weekend is ending haha.

I've always believed that we all need a three-day weekend. Say we have a new day called Sarnday. And this should be between Saturday and Sunday. Saturday will be spent winding down after a long week. Sarnday will be dedicated to doing things that we all want and not need. And Sunday is a day where we prepare for the coming week. And on Satuday and Sunday you can do whatever you need to do. Running errands, grocery shopping, whatever. That's the ideal weekend isn't it!

Anyway it was Hari Raya Haji on Friday so we did enjoy a holiday. Holidays here do feel different. The factory isn't opened and the day thus feels slower in a sense. So yeah as I went to bed last night (or this morning, at 6:30 AM to be exact), I did feel a tinge of sadness. Like oh, the long weekend is coming to an end. Another week is coming. Right....

Today was a special day because we were doing the 7th month prayers and so my family gathered together. So it was a Sunday that I looked forward to. And yes, I did feel sad that it's over.

Today reminds me of a long weekend that I once went through back in Singapore. And if I'm not wrong it was Hari Raya Haji too, and it fell on a Friday as well. I remember I pleasantly enjoyed that long weekend because I have finished all my work and I literally have no work to do on that weekend! I enjoyed it pretty much, wasting time away watching TV, going for tea outside, grocery shopping, cooking, my evening run on Sunday. I loved it! And yes, I felt sad on that Sunday night.

But I remembered on that night, I did tell myself that I shouldn't feel sad because I felt so energised by the end of that long weekend because I get to chill. It was indeed a good deserving break. And I also asked myself a question, why do we have to only feel this way on long weekends/normal weekends? Can't we all take breaks at the end of each day and feel similarly good too?

Well of course it isn't fair to compare a long weekend with a regular weekday. Not only the difference is huge (24 vs 72 hours), but also we are much more occupied as well. But I came across that thought, what if we are able to treat everyday like the weekend. Putting aside some time to recharge as we prepare for the new day coming ahead of us. Doesn't sound possible but well maybe it is.

I always have things to do on weekends. So the only time where I get to relax and unwind is Saturday nights. I would spin my favourite records, drink some booze, listen to my favourite music, read books etc. Similar to my dad, his favourite time is also Saturday night. And we both wish we could freeze this time and make it as long as we can. But well time moves on, always.

So yeah I guess maybe we should always try to set aside some time to relax on each day. And try to treat this time as our "weekends" on our weekdays. Perhaps we would feel less sad when the weekends are coming to an end. As always, remember not to be ignorant at the amount of time that we have. Make full use of these 24 hours. Take good breaks and take care of your soul!

Have a great week everyone. May September be supreme!

No comments: