Saturday 30 September 2017

TIL - Examinations

It's been 4 years since I left school and entered the working world. Or the real world. I'm not even working, more of like managing things? And I'm still learning from my dad and siblings and relatives. Like I said once in a previous post a few years ago, life after school still feels like a school.

In school, we can all expect a major examinations once every semester, and not so major ones every three months. And once we finish these exams, we can enjoy a break. Sometimes we still have assignments on the breaks but well still manageable. But in life, we don't know when we are going to sit for an exam. Sometimes once every three months, then in a month's time, or in a week's time!

And in school we have teachers who helped us and guided us through our journey as we work hard towards our exams. And after the exams, we are also graded to see how well we did. In life there are "physical" teachers who are present to help and guide us. But sometimes, there aren't. Experiences taught us to be a better person. And in life, how are we graded? How do we know if we do well or not?

My dad always says, whether you did something right or wrong, just see how smooth-sailing your life is. Like the things you did and the things you did to other people, if you ended up getting something rough in return, then you're probably doing something wrong. Kind of like karma.

There are a lot of times when I meet people who are unsure of what they are doing in life. And even if they do, they are still unsure if they're doing it right. Sometimes I ask myself the same question too. For me, who works in agriculture, I have no choice but to wait for three months to see results. Cause I got to see if things work or not. How well my flowers grow etc. In other fields, the results will be faster. Sometimes you just have to wait, cause life will definitely give the answer to you.

So yeah I think that's the biggest difference that I felt after leaving school. And life after that. I don't seem to get a break. There's no "holiday" to look forward to. Although it sounds sad, there are times where it feels exciting. The idea that anything can happen and how dynamic life is. Well always take good breaks. But always remember that life is a school itself. We all learn. Until we die.

Can't believe October is here tomorrow! Yup, like I always believe, when you step into September, the year will just go by even more quickly haha. Well hope September has been treating you well. Let's end off 2017 is a grand and sweet way. Here wishing you a wonderful October ahead! :)

No comments: