Thursday 16 November 2017

Musical Delights

 Memories

The 16th of November has always been a bittersweet day for me. Since 5 years ago that is. 16/11/2012 was probably the last band concert that I'll ever perform in. Although I always hold on to the hope that it won't be my last, looking at the rate my life is going right now, it's probably gonna be my last! Haha. Well no one knows how our lives will go, but you know what I mean right.

Well joining a band has been a childhood dream of mine. I wanted to be in an orchestra but there isn't one in Tanglin so band was it! And also band is also a wonderful platform to share my love for music with other music-loving bunch of people. I'm very glad that I decided to join band again in SP. And I'm ever thankful to have the opportunity to perform in Esplenade. It's a dream come true!

Nothing can ever describe the feeling of playing music. Or to be more exact, performing music in front of an audience. Concerts/performances are really a platform which we show our passion for music to other people. It's an amazing feeling to just play your heart out to other people, especially after months of practices and rehearsals. Just for a 2-hour concert! Music taught me a lot about discipline.

I will never forget MD36. The sight of the grand Esplenade concert hall in front of you. The sound of people clapping after the concert. And a sound I will never forget in my life will be the sound of bells ringing through the concert hall during Overture 1812. It's one of the most incredible sounds I will ever hear. It feels like a proper send-off for me 7 years band journey.

Well I don't know when I'm going to perform again. I still play my ukulele and the piano sometimes. Though I'm finding it more difficult now cause I'm getting really busy. But when I grow up and have my own house, I'll definitely buy a piano and play my heart out more often. Till then, I'm just going to enjoy music by listening to them! Spinning my records, sipping my tea.

I can never imagine life without music. Happy November 16th everyone. Special mention to my wonderful clariboe section. I hope one day we can all play together again! :)

No comments: