Wednesday 29 November 2017

Today and Forever

My goodness it's the 2nd last day of November already. One more month till the end of 2017! I swear the year keeps on going faster and faster the past three years heh. Alright anyway lets talk about some great music I discovered in this month! Lots and lots of them, so hooked to them now.

Great Music of November:
- Shed by Kiasmos
- Jarred by Kiasmos
- Buka Hati Buka Kembali by HMGNC
- Sedikit Waktu by HMGNC
- Today and Forever by HMGNC
- Entah Ingin Ke Mana by Danilla
- Ikatan Waktu Lampau by Danilla
- Kihei by Mesita
- Ms Right Now by The Endorphins
- I Know by Bayonne
- Going Down Slow by Exmag

Song of The Month: Kihei, Buka Hati Buka Kembali, Ms Right Now (I can't decide!)

Alright there are lots of albums I got this month! They're actually released like in October but only got the chance to get them this month heh. Let's start with Kiasmos! I think the new EP by Kiasmos "Blurred" is an awesome EP! I just love Kiasmos music because they're really unique. I think Olafur and Janus share an awesome chemistry and you can feel it in their music.
Next we have two wonderful Indonesian albums! The self-titled album by HMGNC is such a fantastic album to be honest. They are one of Indonesia's finest electronic musicians really. Been following them back in 2013 and I'm always eager to hear their music! This album is just a really wonderful album. From the lyrics, the music and the beats. I am obsessed haha. Buka Hati Buka Kembali is my favourite song from the album followed by Sedikit Waktu.

And we also have Danilla who released her second album. Danilla is one of my favourite female singers! She has such a unique voice that's both heavy and soft at the same time. It really compliments her jazz music. Her first album Telisik is a wonderful album too. I still haven't had the chance to see her live. I hope to do so one day! She's a really talented singer.

I also discovered a couple of new music thanks to Majestic and Wave of Good Noise on YouTube. Ms Right Now by The Endorphins is such a wonderful song! Love the vibe of the music so much, I wish I discovered the song earlier. Such an awesome summer song. And then we have Going Down Slow by Exmag, which is a wonderful synth-pop song. Love the feel of the song and the 80s vibe from it. Also another perfect summer song really.

Discovered Bayonne from WOGN and he's an incredible artist too! Love how he uses different instruments and sounds to form a cohesive song that's just so catchy and so nice. It's really like a nice craft that he creates in the form of music. Last but not least Mesita released his new song Kihei! I am in love with this song. Such a feel good song and I just wish I can see him live one day and sing my heart out to this song with the rest of the audience. Must be so good!

Alright that's all for this month's wonderful music discovery. One more month to go! It feels like yesterday when I'm sharing the great music of January. Now here we are in December. I feel 2017 has been a great year for music. Lots of wonderful albums and music. Although I think I didn't discover much artists as compared to last year. Well I'm already excited for some albums in 2018!

See you soon in the 2017 review mwahaha.

No comments: