Wednesday 8 November 2017

Reunions

Alright let me blog about my trip to Singapore last weekend! Though I went for three days, it really felt like I only went for one. It was an awesome weekend after all, meeting people I haven't seen in ages. And definitely a fun one too, everyday seems to be packed. Alright here goes!

So I went to Singapore on Friday, my flight got delayed! I just realised this fact after seeing the clock at Changi when I left the plane. It was 3 PM, when I was supposed to land at 2. So I rushed to the hotel, checked in and rushed back out to meet Vithya! Gosh it's so long since I've seen her, almost two years! So good to see her again :) And we headed out to.....


Get myself a tattoo. More about this in another post!

So because of my flight delay, everything on Friday got pushed back too. Felt guilty to the people I met on Friday. Firstly to Ash, the tattoo artist who did my tattoo for being late for my appointment, and to Candy, whom we're meeting for dinner! So sorry guys, should have planned my time better and calculated my delays and stuff hah. But yup then we went to Holland to meet Candy!

Had an awesome dinner at Fat Boys burger restaurant. Thank the vegetarian god cause they serve portobello burger haha. Felt awesome being reunited with Candy and Vithya again. Kai couldn't join us as she had plans at work. Really reminds me of our poly days where we would hang out at Holland for drinks on weekends. Back then we were complaining about FYP and now we're talking about work and being adults. Crazy, time flies so quickly.

 Trying to fill their glasses ahaha

After dinner we went to Three Crowns for more drinks. It is out go-to place at Holland, even after all these years haha. Had an enjoyable night with them, trying to pour more beers from the tower to their glasses haha. It was all fun until... It was pouring hard. Bleah, what a way to ruin our night! So we went to call it a night. Despite the rain, it was still an awesome Friday evening!

Went back to my hotel and got knocked out right away cause I only had about 2 hours of sleep throughout the day? Didn't get much sleep on the plane sadly!

Woke up pretty late the next day. Did some work before leaving to meet Vithya for lunch. We were also out to get some stuff for my parents and grandma. And before we left, we had more drinks! Haha. Oh goodness sorry to my liver for overworking you last weekend haha. But it was such a pleasant Saturday afternoon spent with Vithya, talking about a lot a lot of things over pints of beer and a wonderful lunch. I'm gonna miss her, for I don't know when we'll meet again :/

 Gonna miss this woman :( Hope to see you again Vithya!

Oh well all the best in your new chapter ahead Vithya! We'll meet again for sure :)

Went back to the hotel to drop my stuff. Got changed, and then headed out again to meet the GT for dinner! I met with Candy and Kai first for dinner, followed by Vivian! And then we went over to Scapre for drinks as recommended by Azmi. Azmi came and then Jess! Oh and Candy's boyfriend hi Hong (is that how you spell it?) joined us too. Went for a drink at Al-Capone and wow the price of the booze was so so affordable. Got myself Guinness and some Heineken mwahaha. 

And then, Kai suggested we should go... Club! Okay I am very open to any suggestions, after all this is like a "proper weekend" that I had in a very long long time. Also all of us are here in Singapore so lets do it! So yup, we head over to Attica to end a night. Okay first of all it's been almost two years since I last clubbed (last time was Zouk with Brenda and Jeslyn in.. 2015?). It was a crazy night. Couldn't really remember what happened LOL. I knew we went for supper after that.

 Thanks for the great night! <3

But nevertheless, thank you Candy, Kai, Vivian, Jesslyn, Azmi and Zhi Hong for the awesome night! Like I said above, it's been so long since I last enjoyed a proper weekend. Thank you so much for meeting up, and for the awesome night. Special mention to Vjie's brother and mum for sending me back to the hotel. Which I knocked out right away after that. Whew.

Woke up the next morning to a really bad hangover. It was so bad. And also my fault cause I didn't have any water after reaching back. I should have flushed all the alcohol away but I didn't! So I was just bearing with it till noon. Packed my luggage and bag, checked out and met Brenda for lunch! Jeslyn was supposed to join us but she was down with fever :( Hope you're ok now!

 Awesome bandung popsicle!

Felt really bad to Brenda cause I was really feeling out of the radar in that lunch. But felt so much better as the day progresses. Had a great lunch with her, talking and catching up with out lives. Crazy to think we've known each other for 11 years now, and are still keeping in touch <3 Headed over to a place nearby to get some popsicles. We got the bandung and lychee one which was really good! And then it was time for me to go to the airport. Man, what a great weekend!

Thanks Brenda for the lunch! <3

Yup. That was all for my short but crazy good weekend in Singapore! Felt really happy to see a lot of people that I haven't met in a long long time. It's insane to think how much we've all grown up now. I mean, we are now proper working adults haha. Felt like yesterday when we were all still in poly. Well I'm happy to see all of you again, and I wish all the best in your careers!

To be honest I don't know when I'm going back to Singapore again. But whatever the case is, I'm always looking forward to the day that I'll be on the sunny island again, meeting all my friends. Thank you once again to everyone I met, I hope we can meet again one day! :)

No comments: