Monday 27 November 2017

Rain and Epiphany

It's been raining really hard for the past two days. In fact it was raining for almost 14 hours (from 4 PM on Sunday to 6 AM on Monday) yesterday! Well I love it when it rains at night, especially when I'm about to sleep because it really helps me sleep haha. The sound of the rain, the cold temperature and just the whole cozy feeling of being on a rainy night. Although ironically, if it rains heavily, I find it more difficult to sleep. Slow rains are my kind of rainy nights. Not too noisy, not too quiet.

And now, it's been raining since 9 PM last night till now! (It's 4 AM currently)

I was blogging last night when the song Epiphany by Pixel Apartment played on shuffle. This is one of my favourite writing songs ever. Although it's kinda short and I wish it can be longer. I usually put this on repeat when I'm in the mood of writing haha. And this song really reminds me of my nights in Singapore. Especially rainy nights like last night! I was feeling really sentimental last night.

Last night reminds me of rainy Sunday nights in Singapore. When I would be blogging at night, with a dreaded feeling of Monday blues coming my way. Those rainy nights where I would hear the sound of rain outside of my window. The rustling of the leaves of the trees outside my block. And the sound of wind pushing against the windows. Coupled by the same song, Epiphany.

It reminds me of how I would snuggle on my bed under my blanket listening to the same sounds, noticing them as I try to fall asleep. Usually with the TV still on, as its sound always helps me to sleep. I would dread Monday which was coming in a few hours time. And I would fall asleep, only to find myself feeling groggy and annoyed as I struggled to get out of my bed.

It's very funny house memories like these, from 5 years ago, are still fresh on my mind. The feelings, the sounds and everything else. And I can't help but to wonder if I would still remember this rainy night 5 years later. And what will I be doing 5 years later that would remind me of tonight.

No one knows.

No comments: