Thursday 8 March 2018

Missed

Today is the 22nd of the first lunar month, and at the temple of my hometown, we celebrate ji-it meh (22nd). Usually it's the 15th (cap go meh) but the tradition dates back to the days where lion dance troupes would tour around the surrounding towns, so that they can perform for cap go meh. My hometown got the 22nd, thus the name, and the date that it is being celebrated on.

Sadly this year I didn't go for it. Work caught up on me and there's things going on that we need to settle. I feel kinda sad? I've been meaning to go since last week but well, I couldn't. Like I once said I always feel annoyed when things don't go to plan. But then I am reminded how everything in life is insubstantial. So there's no point being annoyed I guess. Things happened.

Sometimes I feel sad how I have given a lot of things a miss just because of work. Or just because some things cropped out in the middle and my whole plan has been ruined. I kinda realised that this is just life as an adult. As you grow older life becomes more unpredictable? Also maybe because you have more things to do. So your days go by unpredictably. Parts and parcel of life I guess.

Also to be honest I don't know if I should feel sad. I've gotten used to this cropped up situations that when it happened, I just take things naturally. I guess this is the biggest teaching of Buddhism's Anatta. That nothing has a self on its own and everything is sort of interconnected.

Life.

No comments: