Friday 30 March 2018

The Chase

Right as promised, I'm going to talk more about Vancouver Sleep Clinic's new song "Ayahuasca" and why I love it so much! Well although the song, I think, is about a failed relationship because the two parties share different views, I really love one line from the song that caught my attention a lot!

It says "I don't know what I'm chasing. Maybe I'll never know"

That question has been on my mind for probably forever. I often wonder what are we really chasing in life actually? I know for me it's definitely not wealth, because I know one day I'll leave everything behind. It's not fame, because it's just too troublesome. It's not happiness because the more you chase it the more it'll fly away (and also we create happiness, not chase after it!). So what is it then?

In the recent years, I kinda decided to search one thing - and it is inner peace. Or should I say mindfulness? Like I once said I want to be the most mindful person in the world, not the happiest. Because by being mindful, you'll be able to see everything. See the situation and also decided how and what you want to feel. Thus avoiding unnecessary unhappiness, which is something we love.

Also thus by being mindful, you can also strive for inner peace! Ever since I started my meditation journey, I truly felt how important inner peace is. The ability to be calm in every situation and see through your thoughts, words, feelings, and everything else. Instead of letting them just bombard your mind like hailstones falling on metal roofs. Noisy, and... Annoying haha.

Anyway one of my favourite quotes is one from Mark Twain that says There are two important days in your life. The day you're born and the day you find out why. I've been on earth for just 25 years and obviously I haven't found the answer to the second question. Sometimes I think to myself that the only time we can answer this question is when we're lying on our deathbeds. 

But after listening to VSC new song, I changed my mind. Maybe we won't even know! That line from the song made me think that perhaps, even if we were to know that we're going to die in the next 15 minutes, we still won't know what we are chasing in life. And ultimately, we'll never know.

So yeah. What are we chasing in life really? Are we just weird creatures destined to live on this planet, being caught in a rat race, that we don't know what the race is all about?

No comments: