Saturday 3 March 2018

Life In Two Sentences

Two days ago, I woke up to the news of someone's passing.

Last night I went to bed with the news of the arrival of a new human being.

I suppose this is one way we can sum life in two sentences. That... It just goes on I guess. At this age of 25, I have lost a few people. Some who are very dear to me. I've grown to accept death because... After all, we'll all have to die anyway. There's no way we can escape that yes.

It's just very funny somehow, how these two events happened in two consecutive days. There's a sense of solace and serendipity as I went to bed last night. The feeling how life just goes on, but at the same time I also feel how we'll all reach the end one day. It's a pretty weird feeling.

Yet at the same time we go to bed each night believing that we'll wake up tomorrow.

What if we don't?

No comments: