Saturday 31 March 2018

Loving Is Easy

It's the last day of March and... It was a pretty chill day! Although it kinda ended hectically heh. Today we did the Qing Ming prayers for my grandparents and great grandparents. So my aunts and uncle gathered as usual. Since it was a Saturday, it was pretty chill! Although well, my late aunt isn't here so the house felt kinda empty. But anyway it's a good Saturday nevertheless!

As today's the last day of the month, I went to do stock checks at the shop as usual. We had an unexpected guest in the evening so yeah the schedule got pushed forward a little bit. We had a satay session at night but then I hadn't finished with the stocks so I couldn't make it :(

Alright before March comes to an end, here are some great music I discovered!

Great Music of March:
 - Loving is Easy by Rex Orange County ft Benny Sings
- Happiness by Rex Orange County
- More I see by S. Carey
- True North by S. Carey
- Yellowstone by S. Carey

Song of the month: Loving is Easy by Rex Orange County and More I see by S. Carey

I discovered Rex Orange County (ROC) music through the BBC sound of 2018 list! I actually heard of him before last year, it was kinda fleeting around the internet and YouTube heh. But I only gave him a proper listen after knowing more about him through the BBC sound of 2018! I think he deserved the runner up. Sigrid deserves the top spot! And I'm happy that Pale Waves made it to top 5 :D

I really love his music, which I like to describe as effortless. I fell in love straight away with his song Loving is Easy which I found in YouTube. It's truly such an effortless song that one can fall in love with easily. And after listening to his other songs, effortless is still the word that comes to my mind!

Sean Carey (S. Carey) is the drummer of Bon Iver and I discovered him through Favela who shared the video for "More I See" on Twitter. I listened to his album on Spotify and just fell in love with every song from it! So I bought the vinyl haha. Well his 3rd album "Hundred Acres" is such a beautiful album. And I think the title fits the music pretty well. It's the kind of music you want to listen to while driving long distances. And I think More I See is a masterpiece.

Right that's all for this month of discovery! I'm kinda excited for the next few months because we'll have new releases from PREP (April!), Chvrches (May) and hmm who else, there are a couple but I kinda forget haha. Also I just saw that Florence and The Machine is playing in some music festival so does this mean... New Music?! Yes yes yes. Oh and I'm looking forward to her new book heh.

Alright, the year is Marching on. And so will we! To a better and brighter rest of 2018 ahead :)

No comments: