Wednesday 11 April 2018

Seemingly Short

Hello! My goodness I haven't been blogging for 11 days now this is crazy. Well April has been quite a busy month for me, and a happening one too! Thus I didn't have a lot of chance to blog at night. I just recently got back from my trip to Singapore last weekend! I went there for Nic's wedding and also took the chance to reunite with some of my friends whom I haven't seen in a long long time.

Lets talk about this seemingly short weekend!

So I flew to Singapore on Friday. Decided to try Scoot this time, which is basically just Tiger Airways haha, which just got acquired by Scoot. It was okay actually, thankfully it was on time! The food was really meh though. I ordered pasta with tomato sauce, but it was quite bad, it's overcooked pasta drowned in tomato sauce to be real. Well what can you expect! At least the sauce is good :P
 
I reached Singapore at 1 PM and went to check-in to my hotel. Stayed at V Hotel Bencoolen and it was a nice hotel with a super good location I think! I crashed for a while because I haven't slept the night before. Woke up at 4 PM to bathe before heading out to Nic's wedding! It was held in his church at Queenstown. I met Candy first before walking together to the church and met Zhihong as well. Followed by Kai and Jolene too! Then the ceremony begins.
 
 Congratulations Nic and Michelle!

Just wanna say a huge congratulations to Nicholas and Michelle for their wedding! May you both have a blessed marriage and may you love each other more every day :D After taking a group photo with the fellow GT, we then went to Jess' new house! It was such a cosy and beautiful house. Kai approved! Haha. Had a great time with them talking about our trip and about life itself. I'm proud to be a part of the Green Transformers! A bunch of people who still stayed in contact even after all these years.
 
 Thanks for the brunch! Good to see you again Minli :D
 
On Saturday, I met with Syazwani and Minli for brunch at The Halia, a beautiful restaurant in Botanic Garden! Man it's been 5 years since I last saw Minli! Good to see her again :) Had a lovely brunch with the two of them, talking about our poly days and adult life haha. Seriously crazy to think we're all working adults now! No longer Poly kids. After that Syaz went to meet her friend while Minli and I headed off to Orchard. Thanks for the lovely brunch ladies! :D
 
 Amazing production!
 
I went to Esplenade straight away to catch The Curious Incident of The Dog In The Night Time play! I am so glad that I managed to get a ticket, because it was its second last day of show. Thanks Brendy for swapping out meeting time to Sunday! It was just a fantastic and brilliant play. The set production is amazing and it's just phenomenal! The play lets us inside the mind of Christopher, and the casts did an amazing job to depict the book. Also I feel old because it's been 9 years since my Literature Os!
 
 Always a good time :) Pardon my drunk face
 
From Esplenade I went to Chinatown to meet Vithya and Charmaine for dinner! There was a Korean vegetarian restaurant and we decided to try it out. After which we went for a drink at Chinatown square? I've never been to this place before and I didn't know it existed haha. Went to two different bars, but settled for one. It was a lovely night with these two as always! Glad to meet Charmaine again after 5 years as well haha. I'm gonna miss Vithya when she goes back to Australia. All the best for your next chapter woman. And all the best for your career, Charmaine! :)
 
 To many more years of friendship!
 
Got a bit drunk so I crashed right away after reaching my hotel. Woke up earlier the next morning to pack up. Also I went to meet Jolene, Sharon, Tacy, Federick and Weilun for lunch! At our usual Prata place in Clementi which we always frequent during our poly days. These bunch of people are some of the people I've known for 10 years. May our friendship last another 10, and more! :')
 
 Always a good time meeting Brenda!
 
Headed to town after that to meet Brenda! Had a lovely meal at Eggs and Things at Plaza Sing, chatting over work life and music as usual. We then went to Muji to do a bit of shopping haha, I'm obsessed with their aesthetic seriously. Also I found out that my flight has been delayed for an hour, so I had some more time. Thank you for the late lunch Brenda! I'll see you soon :)

And then I went off to the airport! And that is all for my seemingly short weekend in Singapore. Perhaps the fact that I'm constantly meeting people every day, made my trip feel really short. But it's okay, I'd rather meet as many people as I can while I'm on that sunny island. Anyway I'm gonna stop here for now, there are a few things I wanna talk about in a separate post! See ya!

To my friends in Singapore, I'll see you when I see you okay.

No comments: