Wednesday 18 April 2018

Re:member


I'm currently hooked to this beautiful new song from Olafur Arnalds, titled Re:member! I think it's beautifully moving and just an exhilarating song? I can't really describe it but I feel a sense of euphoria whenever I listen to this song, especially at the 2:36 mark when the piano picks up.

Olafur says that to him, the title of the song means "to become with one-self again" (or something along the line). I think this is depicted in the video. I feel that the guy sort of "lost" himself on purpose for the sake of being accepted by the others. Only to realise that at the end of the day, he was hurting himself in the process. This is why I think they show the gunshot wound. Even though he was shot using a bulletproof vest earlier in the video.

So in a way he thought "losing himself" isn't going to hurt him. This is depicted by him not injured after being shot while wearing the vest. But in the end, he did realise he hurt himself! I think this is a beautiful video and story too. And the song kinda depicts the whole scenario beautifully.

I am very happy and excited to find out that Olafur has released a new song. Been expecting some new music from him! Cause he did tease a bit here and there on his Instagram about new music. This song sounds really promising and I can't wait to hear more new music from him :D

Anyway lots of new, wonderful music are released recently! Or some are being released haha. There's Florence and The Machine "Sky Full of Songs". I am so surprised and happy to see new music from her! Then there's Olafur, and then Aurora with "Queendom" which is a very exciting and uplifting song. And just last night, I heard Favela's new song from his upcoming new album "Community" titled "Medals" from the BBC Radio One Chillest show with Phil Taggart!

And oh my goodness. It is such a good song! I am so excited for his new album now.

2018 is shaping to be an awesome year for music. Perhaps even better than 2017 maybe? Lots of surprise releases so I'm pretty stoked. Alright, that's all from me now. Here's to more music!

No comments: