Saturday 21 April 2018

A Life Remembered


Last night I saw the shocking news of the passing of renowned DJ Avicii. It's such a shock to everyone because well, he's really gone too soon. At the young age of 28. I did read the news of his health which was why he decided to stop touring a couple of years ago. But still it's too unexpected :( 

I'm not a huge follower of Tim's music. But his music has definitely accompanied me through my poly days. Since the first time I discovered him through "Levels", which is a song I always listen to whenever I go for a run, when I train for my 10K race and during the KK days as well! Ever since then I enjoy listening to his music. The lyrics, the beat and everything else is just awesome.

Although I'm not a huge fan of EDM, his music is definitely my "gateway" to the genre. The way he mixes folk, country and others into his music is a pretty refreshing addition to the scene I guess. Which is why I love "Wake Me Up" so much! And also The Nights, Waiting For Love and so on.

2013 was by far the most confusing year I've ever been in. And his song "Wake Me Up" accompanied me through those moments. I even blogged about how that song perfectly sums up my 2013 haha. Especially the line "All this time I was finding myself and I didn't know I was lost".

Well Tim, you have definitely lived a life we will remember. Thank you for the music! Rest easy.

No comments: