Friday 13 April 2018

Time/Space

 Epiphany

So in my recent trip to Singapore, I was listening to Pixel Apartment's song "Epiphany" whenever I was on the bus or the MRT. And then I realised, it's been 6 years since I discovered this song! This song was one of the most played song in 2012, during my last year in poly during internship days. It's a nice calming song that I enjoyed listening to on long bus rides. Especially in those days, life can get pretty stressful with FYP and internship colliding together like a galaxy forming. What.

I even remember another time when I went to Labrador park after work just to chill by the seaside listening to this song, and Ketsana's "The Prayer" on repeat. I remember this was after I learned that I did something wrong with my result analysis, and thus I have to repeat the whole process! Thankfully not the experiment, just the analysis part. I was looking quite stressed I think, cause a runner actually stopped by and asked me if I'm okay HAHAHA. That was really funny!

Anyway, it's quite heartening to realise that what I did on the last weekend was pretty similar to what I did 6 years ago. I went by the same roads and streets, passing by the same sights as I did 6 years ago while listening to the same song. It is as if, I am in the same space, just a different time. It is as if I am traversing a same void, yet in in a different time. And it's kinda cool to think about it.

Also perhaps, I am going through the same space, as a different person. I was still a student 6 years ago and now I'm a working adult. I had a "home" to go back to 6 years ago but now I'm staying in a hotel. It's quite interesting isn't it. How passing through a same place, with all your senses experiencing almost the same things, just in a different time, can feel extraordinarily special.

Time is a mystery and this space we're traversing through is a beautiful place. 

Thank you Charlie Lim for the inspiration haha.

No comments: