Monday 30 April 2018

Sky Full of Songs

It's the last day of April! This is so cray cray haha. April feels like a month that pass by really quickly. Like it seems that there's a lot of things that happened in this month but at the same time, things are pretty normal too. Also it is a month which my mind is preoccupied by lots of things. Weird things.

Anyway lets talk about the great music I discovered in this month! Not many, but they're great!

Great Music of April:
- Wander by Mesita
- Future by Mesita 
- Shrine by Mesita
- Re:Member by Olafur Arnalds
- Sanctify by Years and Years
- Sky Full of Song by Florence and The Machine
- New Year's Eve by Pale Waves
- Heavenly by Pale Waves

Song of the month: Re:Member by Olafur Arnalds

Mesita released his new album in end of March I think! And I only get to give it a full listen later on. I think it's a great album! It's definitely an album you need to listen to from start to finish. I think it just gives the album a whole and complete feeling, and another dimension. The songs are awesome though, you can definitely hear "Mesita" in this album. James says he's making more music for the summer and I'm so excited! Love his music really :)

Olafur Arnalds released a new song via a video called Re:Member and I think it's such a beautiful beautiful song! And beautiful video too. I'm very happy to see new music from him! Although he did release some songs for Broadchurch and Kiasmos, it's been 3 years since he released personal album if I'm not wrong. So yes, I am so excited for more new music from Olly!

Years and Years also released their new song Sanctify, for their new upcoming album Palo Santo! I swear the whole thing they did for the release of this song, the album track titles and so on are so creative! Sanctify is such a groove and awesome song to move along to. So glad to see them returning! Also they will be releasing Hypnotised in the album yaaaasssss. Finally.

Giving a surprise return is... Florence and The Machine! I was scrolling through Twitter when I see her post a video of the new song. I thought it was just another collaboration with someone or a brand but it's a new song! And after reading some articles, I found out that she'll be releasing a new album this year! Oh my my I'm so happy. Florence is one of my favourite singers and songwriter! I always look forward to her new music. 2018 is getting better indeed hah.

I actually discovered Pale Waves last year during their introduction in the BBC Introduction channel. I have no idea why I haven't bought their EP heh. Also another band I'm looking forward to hearing more in 2018! I first heard them via New Year's Eve and I fell in love with them right away!

April is an awesome month for music because I discovered that many of my favourite musicians are releasing new music/albums soon! Like Aurora who also released a new song called Queendom this month, and a new album soon. May is going to be an exciting month for me with new album from Chvrches and EP from PREP (Preordered!). Also more new music from Troye, Florence, Aurora and more. I kinda lost track to see who's releasing what, and when haha. Need to keep track!

Alright that's all from me in this Acrobatic April hah. Acrobatic because I feel like I'm running around here and there and my mind is jumping around here and there. I hope things settle down quickly soon. May is here tomorrow. Here's to a Marvelous May for all of us! :)

No comments: