Monday 28 May 2018

32 Hours

Right, I'm gonna blog a bit about my recent trip to Singapore - my super short trip! In fact it was just 32 hours spent on the sunny island haha. Err not so sunny actually, it was raining pretty heavily in those two days heh. Nevertheless it was a great super short two days spent with some lovely people!

So I arrived in Singapore at 1 PM on Friday. I went to my hostel first to check in, only to realise that check in time is at 2 PM. So I waited inside the hostel till the owner came and checked in. I stayed at Spacepod @ Com at Kallang. I love the hostel cause it's super simple and nice. What I love the most is privacy! Each pod that we slept in has a curtain so we can be shut from the outside heh. Sorry I'm an introvert and I truly love this feature. Since most hostels I stayed either come in the form of bunk beds.

12 years (Y)

As usual I didn't catch any sleep in the night before so I crashed for a while. Met Neal at JEM at 5 PM, then came Jeslyn and we rendezvous with Ade and Meng Fung at Tradehub21 to eat at Kimly Seafood, which Neal has been craving for their assam fish haha. Well I had some tofu and 3-eggs spinach which was really nice too. Also I ate the curry. Oops. Anyway after that we went for durian! Okay I've never eaten that much durian in my life before. So awe-struck to see you all able to eat that much haha.

 Durian Feast

It's pretty crazy to think that we're all in our mid-twenties now. When it felt like yesterday that we all just met in Tanglin haha. Well, I wish we can all stay young, I wish we can all be like secondary school kids again. But looking at all us, at where we are now, I'm just proud to see how far we've come! I hope we can all keep in touch till we grow old. It will be so cool to have a reunion again in out mid thirties, fourties and so on. Okay maybe not that long, every point of our life maybe? :P

That's all for day one! It was rather short but reuniting with them is always a good time.

 Saeyeoh's cool camera! Sorry our photos are shot in film haha

I went over to Holland the next day for brunch with Saeyeoh at Hatched! Thanks for meeting at Holland cause I really miss this place haha. Had a (rather bland) brunch at Hatched and a really nice deep talk with Saeyeoh about life. The future, the past and the present of course. We then went for a super impromptu photoshoot at the nearby HV blocks! I love Saeyeoh's Hasselblad oh my goodness. Can't wait for our films to be developed! I hope the photos I took look nice heh.

 Acai with Tacy

Next I met with Tacy at Acai project. Passed her some Indonesian sauces cause she kindly gave me some vegetarian soup bases/curry paste the last time we met in April! I've been a vegetarian for almost 3 years and I've seen many vegan instagrammers and YouTubers have acai bowl for breakfasts, and I've been wanting to try it! It was pretty good, I will definitely come back and have it. And had a great time reminiscing about the past as well. Thanks for the meetup Tacy! :)

 Gonna miss this woman :(

And then I went to meet Vithya for a drink! Well it was pouring really heavily the moment we stepped inside the bar and... Can't believe we all drank like 6 bottles of beers in... 1.5 hours HAHAHA. Always a good time with this woman! Talked about a lot of things - about how seemingly similar our lives are haha. Man I'm gonna miss her when she returns to Brisbane. I wish you all the best for the future! Take care and I hope to see you soon in the future <3

 Reunion of the student conductor, BM and QM of TSMB'09 haha

To end this short weekend off, I went to meet Cheryl and Brenda for dinner at Din Tai Fung at Raffles City! I was meaning to try their truffled mushroom xiao long bao but sadly, it is only available at their Paragon branch. No worries! I had some steamed veggie dumpling which tasted amazing too. Man, the last time the three of us met was probably err back in 2009? I remember we were all still in secondary school. Glad to have the reunion of the student conductor, band major and quartermaster of TSMB'09! We're all adults now, it's crazy to think about it :l

Thank you for the meet up to you both! I hope we can meet soon. And special special thanks to Brenda for helping me get the vinyl I stupidly left in the Grab car I was in last month. So sorry for the trouble and everything else. I definitely owe you a lot Brendy.

And with that, I headed off to the airport to go back home. Whew, it was truly a happening 2 days, or even 32 hours in Singapore! But I'm glad that I make this trip. It was an amazing time reminiscing about the past with these lovely people, and also talking about the future. I'm not sure when I will return to Singapore. But I'm always looking forward to that day. What a great way to mark the 5th year that I'm back from the sunny island haha. I'll miss all of you!

To everyone whom I've met, thank you so much for the meet-ups. I wish you all the best in everything you do and please take care of yourself okay. I will see all of you soon.

No comments: