Saturday 19 May 2018

Medals

 "So help me see through why, they only focus on medals.
I don't want golden medals, I don't want golden medals"
Medals by Favela

This is an appreciation post I would call it? An appreciation post to Favela who just released his debut album yesterday, called Community! It's such a beautiful beautiful album and definitely worth the wait. The two singles he released in the past month were really promising. And his English Letters EP last year as definitely my favourite EP of 2017. And 2 of its songs, are the most played songs of my 2017!

It's Nevermore My Temples Leave and English Letters by the way.

Anyway, I discovered Favela back in 2015. And it was purely such a serendipitous moment stumbling upon him. I remembered I was listening to a song on Soundcloud back then, and when I pressed next, it was his song "Easy Yoke". I fell in love with this song right away and searched YouTube for it. I chanced upon the song which was posted on Majestic Casual channel. 

I really love Easy Yoke, it's such a melodious and melancholic song. I also love the lyrics and the beat! It was definitely one of my most played songs of 2015. Back then there was no other songs from Favela but I was really excited for more new music from him! Then he released the Future Visions EP and I fell in love with Gong and Future Vision! And then it was hiatus.

He would post some photos here and there on his Instagram. I was really excited for more new music from him because Easy Yoke is such a great song. And then in 2017 I saw him change the profile and cover photo of his Facebook page and he posted new music coming soon. I was over the moon! He then released Nevermore My Temples Leave last year and it's ooh so good. Worth the 2 year wait!

And then he posted that there's more coming. But it wasn't until early 2018 I think that he posted teasers to his new album. And yup, time moves on and here we are! Community is out, and it's such a fantastic record. Definitely the best album of 2018 for me thus far. My favourite song is Medals. Slowly, Armour, Featherlight and Fierce Lion are my favourites too. And also thank you for releasing Easy Yoke! I've been recommending that song to my friends but they have to buy the whole Majestic Casual album for it haha. Well thankfully there's Spotify. But now the world can get it! :)

Alright that's all for this appreciation post. Congratulations once again Favela for your album release. It's such an incredible album and I truly hope that I can see you live one day. Also I'm always looking forward to more of your new music. You're one of my favourite producers and singer-songwriters! :)

No comments: