Thursday 31 May 2018

Community

It's the last day of May! Can you believe it. It's June tomorrow and soon half of 2018 will be gone. This year, as usual, has been the fastest year ever haha. Every year I seem to say the same thing. Perhaps I'm just growing old and we're all running out of time. Uh huh. Anyway it's also half of Ramadhan, which always means it's crunch time for me! Hope all things go smoothly.

Alright to end off this month, I'm going to share with you the great music of May!

Great Music of May:
- Cold Fire EP by PREP
- Community by Favela
- Love Is Dead by Chvrches
- Hunger by Florence and The Machine
- Queendom by Aurora
- Deadwater by Wet
- Leviathan by Tom Day
- Girlfreind / Damn, Dis-moi by Christine and The Queens
- Cucurucu by Nick Mulvey
- Mountains To Move by Nick Mulvey
- Helvegen by Wardruna

Song of the month: Medals by Favela

Three awesome albums are released in this month, three albums that I've been waiting to be released! Yes they are: The second EP from PREP - Cold Fire, Favela's debut album - Community and Chvrches' 3rd album - Love is Dead! I think they are all awesome! I'm particularly in love in Favela's debut because I've been waiting for it for a long time. When he announced that he was releasing a debut album in 2018, I was over the moon! And it definitely doesn't disappoint. Review in a previous post of mine! :)

PREP's second album is pretty good too. I feel like it's a sequel to their first EP Futures. Futures is kinda more chill EP. Their second EP is more up-beat and it's just a feel-good EP. I'd like to describe it in this way: Futures is the album to listen to while you're traveling on your way to a city. And Cold Fure is the EP to listen to while you're walking around the city. Something like that.

Chvrches's 3rd album is also another great album! Although to be honest I am not a huge fan of the singles that they released (I only love like 2 of the singles, Get Out and My Enemy). I was thinking that maybe they're going on a very different direction from their previous two albums this time round, and I might not like it. But when the album was released, I gave it a listen from top to end and it's actually a great album! Yes it sounds different from EOE and Bones. But still great nevertheless.

This album is more "brutal" and definitely their most pop album. Also I think the addition of Jonny on drum is an excellent choice. I am actually going to see them live in Jakarta in July! Hope all goes well and man I'm so excited to hear their new songs live eeeep.

Aurora released hew new song "Queendom" and it's such an empowering song! I am excited for her new album cause I watched a few videos of her performance in Brazil on YouTube and the new songs sound fantastic. I like the whole "feel" of the new songs! Florence and The Machine also released a new song from her new album which will be released in July! Hunger is such an incredible song. Florence is such an amazing and talented song writer. I'm excited for High As Hope.

Christine and The Queens also released a new song, which is in both French and English, and it's such a good song! I love the whole beat and it definitely makes you wanna dance as well haha. Same, I'm so excited for hew new album as "Chris". Tom Day also released a new album and I love one song from it: Leviathan. It's such a chill and calming song. I've been enjoying listening to it before sleep and also on my way home in the car. Especially on rainy evenings.

I discovered a few new artists and bands this month too! They are Wet, Nick Mulvey and Wardruna. Wet appeared on my recommended tab as usual and wow Deadwater is such a beautiful song. Kinda sad too though if you read the lyrics. I discovered Nick Mulvey from The Easy Vegan channel on YouTube. In one of his videos, I randomly came across him said that Nick released a new album! And I checked Nick out and wow, I feel like I discovered a gem! I love his songs. 

Last but not least, I stumbled upon a video of Aurora and Wardruna performance of Wardruna's song "Helvegen" in Norway. It's such a beautifully haunting song, and Aurora's voice just matches the song wonderfully! Although the song is translated to "The Way to Hell" (it's based on Norse mythology), I think it's a beautiful song that gives me a feeling I can't really describe. A feeling of strength, hope and also at the same time... Sadness? Forlorn? Not sure where to point it.

Alright that's all for this month of May! I discovered so many music this month I don't even know where to start. Pretty excited for June with FATM new album in the end of the month, and more music discovery I hope! A few of my favourite artists and bands are like in the process of recording new songs and albums, so I'm pretty excited as well. To be honest I lost track of who is releasing what and when haha. I need to write them down on my album list soon.

5 months of 2018 gone. Ramadhan is coming to an end. Here's me wishing all of you a splendid remaining seven months of the year ahead! Hope you're all doing well, see ya and take care :)

No comments: