Friday 28 April 2023

7 Years (Ago) In Tibet

April has always been a sentimental month for me. Cause... I spent 10 days of Tibetan spring in Tibet back in 2016! Man time flies. Can't believe it's been 7 years since my trip! Probably the best trip I've ever been on. Afterall it was my lifelong dream to go to Tibet. So I'm thankful that I managed to bring myself up there. And even managed to see Mt Everest. Something I never expected myself to do.

I wonder how the people that I crossed paths with are doing now. The lovely old ladies and gents doing their prostrations and kora. The energetic kids of Basum village and so on. I hope everyone is doing well! I'm glad that Tibet is opening up to tourism again (not sure if international tourism is opened). The past 3 years must have been tough for the tourism industry in Tibet I guess.

Alright here's a photo of the highest monastery in the world, and Mother Goddess of The Universe in the background. Also known as Rongbuk Monastery and Mt Everest.

I hope I can see them again one day.

No comments: