Saturday 22 April 2023

Silence

Today is officially Lebaran and so wishing all Muslims around the world Eid Mubarak 1444H! I hope everyone is having a great time with their family and loved ones. I would say it's finally a wonderful Eid all Muslims deserve after 3 years of Pandemic. So yes I hope everyone's having a great time.

One of my favourite things about Lebaran here is the sheer silence that we experience on this day. 1 Syawal is always a very very quiet day. I guess everyone is celebrating at home, and doing home visits. And after that usually they will rest at home. We usually spend this day at home to enjoy the silence. So I don't know how the road condition is. It's probably quite empty too.

I would say it's a stark difference between yesterday and today. Yesterday the Takbiran was roaring from the late afternoon till late at night. And today suddenly everything is so quiet. So yeah it's quite huge difference. At times the silence feel very eerie but it's also something I enjoy and look forward to every year. See the thing is Saturday nights here are pretty quiet too. When there's no one working and no activities around too. But things just feel different. I can't explain it in words.

Anyway today was a pretty chill day for us. We spent the day at home. I took turns taking care of my baby niece with my sister and parents. My cousin came for a visit too so my dad, him and I had a conversation too and we talk about many things. And I spent the evening watching TV with my nephew Stefan. We're fighting over the remote cause I want to watch Fantastic Beasts while he wants to watch Looney Tunes hahaha. But being a good uncle I gave it to him.

Alright I guess that's all for now. I've been enjoying these chill blogging!

No comments: