Friday 21 April 2023

Takbiran

So it's official, Lebaran will be tomorrow! The mothers are thankful that they don't have to panic to cook rendang and others suddenly yesterday night I guess haha. 

Anyway it's the eve of Lebaran now and my house is surrounded by the sounds of Takbiran. It's always a nice scene to be in. It's like a time of celebration and gathering and so on. A yearly tradition that I look forward to every year heh. The sounds of Takbiran always makes it feel like there's a lot of people in my hometown, and they're all gathering together and just having a good time.

But strangely the roads were kinda empty just now. I went around town with my dad at night earlier and the road was okay. It's not very crowded. Perhaps it's also because we went at like 11 PM heh. But I do realise that the barbershops were full. So do the eateries selling bakso and snacks and so on. We were also doing "Bedug hunting" and sadly only managed to see 2 bedugs this time. And they're not even in town but on the outskirts of it. I guess time has changed a lot.

Lebaran in a way always makes me feel old too. Cause you know it's something that I look forward to every year (except when I'm in Singapore, since we don't have a long holiday). So it's like every year we experience Lebaran and we just realise how much things have changed. And of course how much I've grown older. I guess it's just the simple inevitability of time. 

No comments: