Thursday 20 April 2023

New Moon Shopping

Today is the first day of the 3rd Lunar month and I went to the temple as usual. I went in the afternoon and the road was kind of packed with cars already. In fact I was driving through this road and I thought it's gonna be a smooth passage but oh hell no. I was probably stuck in a 100-200m long jam! Well yesterday was officially the start of the Lebaran holiday in the government sector, and most other businesses follow the same day. So I guess it's just a "right" timing for the jam to happen hah.

I went to the temple first and along the way home I decided to do some shopping first. Actually I was just planning to shop for some dehumidifier (serap air in Indonesian). You know that calcium chloride crystals your put in a container where you put inside drawers etc. Cause I realised my stock just finished! But err lo and behold I decided to spent 500k worth of drinks and snacks and chocolates.

I hate my lack of self control sometimes hahaha.

After that the day was spent at home. I guess we're too lazy to go out knowing how jammed up the road will be. It was a pretty relaxing day one where I spent it just reading books and also just lazying and laying around my bed. Gosh I love this period of time, where I can do this without feeling guilty and also without being chased by time cause I'll have to do other things and so on heh.

Anyway the government is carrying out Sidang Isbat today. Or the meeting where they will carry out the sighting of the moon to determine when will Ramadhan officially end. It's kind of like a yearly practice and everyone is waiting for the result. There's one Muslim organisation here which has decided that today is the last day of fasting and tomorrow is Eid. So there's a chance that tomorrow may be Eid (instead of Saturday). I can't imagine the panic of the mothers if Eid will fall tomorrow haha.

Alright I guess that's all for now! I guess I'm just waiting for the result of the sidang.

No comments: