Thursday 24 March 2011

CLS FLP Camp! :D

Hello! Long time no blog cause I have just returned from the CLS FLP camp! It was an awesomely great camp! It's somehow different from other camps I've been to. It's a camp which I feel that I really put my thoughts into action, and what I've learnt into action. I was in constant thoughts in the camp, of the things that our instructor, Tony, have taught us.

I will just tell you all briefly about the camp's programme.

Day one was alright, it's the first day so it's all about introduction, familiarisation with my awesome editorial mates (which we are already bonded, but welcomed Edmund!). We also learnt some of the first few habits, and some leadership skills. At night, we did the 4-people tug of war. I was leading the group then, and well even though we lost.... I THINK MY GROUP DID AN AWESOME JOB! And I've said this but, I have no regrets even though we lost. Yes I'm disappointed that I failed to lead my group to win, but seeing my group supporting each other, motivating one another. That's enough. That's the true meaning of teamwork! :)

Day 2 began and we had the expedition. So we walked to the Singapore Flyer which was our first stop. It was quite a long walk but we had fun! Singing, cheering, motivating and supporting one another. From flyer, we walked back to Kallang Macdonald. BAREFOOTED. I repeat: Barefooted. Cause Shima's leg was in pain due to a blister, so she decided to walk without her shoes. And so? As a team, all of us walked barefooted too! For like 3 KM at least :D

Tell you what, I think this is the most memorable moment of the camp. I really love my group and the experience of walking barefooted is just so awesome. And what's even best? Walking barefooted with your friends! :D It's really an experience, it's really awesome.

Day 3, the main highlight was the high elements. So we decided to go and try some of the elements. I did both the intermediate and high elements. It's so fun! Haha. At first I was scared but I overcome it! I look forward and be focused at the pole on the other end. And I did the intermediate challenge with Brandon and we got the best timing of 1 minute 8 seconds! Great job to the two of us! With the given fact that it was Brandon's first element! Great job man! :D

But who I'm most proud of are two people. Shima - she jumped on the vertical pole challenge. She jumped off a freaking pole which was like I don't know how tall to grab this pole. I don't even have the guts to do that!!! I'm so proud of you Shima! You really overcome your fear there! The next person is Atiqah - She told me that she has fear of heights, so she decided to go on the intermediate challenge. But she went up the the high elements first! You've overcome you fears too! Awesome job to the both of you alright! :D

We had the gala night on the 3rd day as well. It was so hectic cause Geradine, Syafiq and I had to make this video montage in 1 hour!!! But well well we did it! Even though there were some flaws, Miss Joanne said it was a great job done! :D And we also did our performance which was the skit + dance and I had a great night then! We went to "club" on the camp site, minus the alcoholic drinks and we were like dancing our night away! :D

Day 4 was really, really, really, really emotional. Never in my life have I been so emotional in such a short period (the last time was during my grandma's funeral). We were sharing stories, and everyone's stories are so touching. I was telling my story and I was feeling normal. I was feeling okay and in the middle of the story, I just cried. I don't know why but I guess my emotions are really boiling up inside...

Then we were asked to give these little gems to give appreciations to the people we choose to. Well I gave it to all of my team mates hehe. And I gave to some people from other groups too. While I was giving to Shima I just cried! I don't know why, maybe cause I looked at her and she was crying and so we both got emotional and I just cried. Aww man, I have seriously never been so emotional before! :O

But ultimately, I've learnt a lot from this camp. I've learnt what I can do, what I should do, what I should not do, what's my ability, and to learn what's the best in me. I've seen people's weaknesses, and how they grow from them and learn their mistake. I've seen people whose leadership skills are great and their ability to lead. I've forged a new bond of friendship, and shared the fun we had together in those 4 days.

I really have learnt a lot from the camp. Honestly speaking I was in constant thoughts during the camp. I was just thinking of the things that Tony had taught us, the activities we did together, and the things that happened in the camp. I've shared my thoughts with my fellow team, and my fellow campers. I've voiced out my opinion, I've given out all my abilities to lead the group to the best I can, and most importantly, I had fun.

FLP Camp must really be one of the best camps (or the best :P) I've ever been. It's different from other camps in a way that our thoughts and actions merge together and we get to learn things from the activities themselves. We're put to test and it's not only just purely the things we learned. But the things we went through in the course of the camp.

Alright I've written a lot, I'll write more in the days to come, I've more things to talk about hehe. Watch my blog! :)

If you want to make the world better place, take a look at yourself and make the change - Man In The Mirror

No comments: