Friday 25 March 2011

Leader

Hello! Time to blog again today, even though I didn't really do much, except for spending the afternoon out with my sis and her BF. So we went to Orchard to have lunch and she was also collecting her watch, which was sent for repair. We also went to buy some stuff back cause she'll be going back tomorrow. And I'm going back next week ^^

Anyway the weather was damn awesome! I really love today's weather. The sky was blue, the sun was shining, BUT. The weather wasn't hot. It's warm and it's wonderful. After walking and freezing through Orchard Central, coming out, never felt so good haha. And I took some awesome IR pictures at home just now cause the weather was just so nice. And in the evening, saw some strands of purple clouds, so took my chance and snap them :D

To me, the sky is like life itself. It's in constant change, we never meet a sky that is exactly the same as another skyscape we've seen before somewhere. To me life is like freedom. It's so vast, so eternal, so free. Where birds fly and clouds travel to places they never seen before, and then disappear into thin air, just to be reborn again as another cloud. Life goes on. So does time flow.

Wow! I just wrote that?!

Anyway as promised, I will write more about the camp right? So here goes :)

Holiday writing topic #5 - Leadership

Personally speaking, yes I love leading. I love leading people, be it in projects, events, camps or any other events. I love holding a leadership position, was a student councillor, a class chairman, a student conductor, a prefect, a group leader of projects and more. I love being a leader. But not to an extent, where I would want to be a leader EVERYTIME. Continue reading.

So what's a leader? Is he someone who leads people (umm yes obviously). But there's more to than just leading people. How does a leader lead? By making everyone goes his way? Why does a leader want to lead? Cause he feels he is the strongest, greatest and most deserving in a team? When does a leader lead? Everytime? Who is a leader?

From the CLS FLP Camp, everyone can be a leader. It all matters on how, and whether you want to be one or not. I believe everyone has the ability to lead, I can see it in everyone during the camp. But most importantly, is how you lead, and why. As the law of nature goes, it all goes back to yourself, and not everyone else.

I wouldn't say that I am a great leader. That I'm a good leader. Loving what I do is I guess enough to make me happy. My definition of leading is to be a force, a beacon guiding a group of people that work towards the same goal. Help them to go to a direction, direct them, support them. And a leader is not a dictator. He doesn't, and he shouldn't want everything to go HIS way.

Pause = In the context of he, I mean both he and she, just that I'm lazy to constantly type he or she heh.

I'm a person that believes more in passion, than just PURE talent. For I feel without passion (or love), then you won't have the talent! So whenever I'm assigned into a leadership position, I would certainly carry it out to the best of my ability. If there are any mistake I made, then I would learn from them and improve my skills even better.

The problem with me, is that I have a very low confidence level. At times I would feel really helpless and "sucky" when it comes to leading. I have a very low self esteem. When there's a problem, I would blame it all on myself. But as a leader, I believe if something goes wrong, there is something wrong with the way I lead, right?

Well there are many kinds of leaders I've seen in my life. Some alpha-leaders who wish everything to go his way. Some quiet ones who don't really dare to unleash the him in him, or her in her. Some great ones, who are very open towards suggestions and always take the initiatives in the group.

There's no lousy leaders. Everyone has their own way to lead, and their own ways to improve their skills. It's also the way they perceive themselves. Sometimes they would dwell in their shells and not be opened, quiet and reserved, and tell themselves I'm not a great leader.

But as I said, ultimately - everyone has the ability to lead.

But thanks to the CLS FLP camp, I've learnt so much things about this subject of leadership. It's not just about leading people. It's more to it, than just a simple word. More than a simple task of getting a job done. More than a position that you feel good and powerful when you take it. Leadership, is an ability that everyone has. It's all up to us to whether we want to grab them.

So what kind of a leader am I? Am I a good leader? I can't judge it myself. I'll let time, and other people judge it and have their own opinions about it. But all I can say is this. I'm a leader that believes in equality. I want everyone to have an opportunity to lead, to have an opportunity to express their own say. I may seem like a weak person, someone who doesn't strike the iron while it's hot. Oh well.

But people, trust me. If you've got the chance to lead. TAKE IT

No comments: