Tuesday 15 March 2011

Time travel

Nahh I didn't do time travel or whatsoever heh, but well today was an awesome day! And a tiring one too (a bit). But good! I hope I'm tired enough to sleep heh, weird reason but well :P Anyway did lots of things today! Which I shall talk later on.

Today was the first time I woke up early since like my HK trip... I was supposed to wake up at 8.45 but well I woke up at 9.30~ The good thing about being an alumni, you don't have to wake up accordingly to the band hoho. So I reached Tanglin at about 1030, and joined the band for rehearsal. And yay I played Memories of Friendship with them! (SYF 2011 set piece). It's really good and fun to play with!

It's so Satoshi Yagisawa hehe, who is my one of my favourite composers! :)

Stayed in school till about 5, watching them doing their camp activities and games. I really had a good time laughing while they're playing the hand twister thing! It's really funny (sorry for being mean) to watch the teams struggling to untangle their hands hahaha, really funny but well good job peeps! Especially to Stephany's group hahaha.

Anyway to TSMB, really good job today! I am really pleased with your performance. Well I'm afraid I can;t guarantee that a silver is in your grasp now. But if you work hard and harder and harder and even harder for the remaining days and practices, I believe a silver is in your reach! Have faith, and remember BE CONFIDENT. I can sense you're lacking in that... Hehe

Anyway after band I headed to Clementi to meet Neal, Wei Lun, Kelvin, Zhi Rong, Federick and Sherman! We met for dinner at Sumo, which was our usual place to eat last time after school. After dinner we went to West Coast bowl to play a game of bowling! It's really fun hehe. And lastly headed to the Clementi mall to hand around at Ya Kun.

And we reminisced about the past! Had a good laugh, talked about things we used to do last time in school, and more... That's why today's post is entitled time travel. We talked about our past, that we seem to travel back in time. Like as if we're reliving the moments that were once experienced by us. Through words. Well, reminiscing is one of the best escape mechanisms from reality. Wait... Reminiscing of the GOOD TIMES :)

So here's my holiday topic #3 - Sentimental me.

If you think who I am, as a person you know, as a person you meet everyday in school, talk in FB or MSN, talk in phone, SMS. You just know me as me. But here I am, revealing one of my "soft" spot of my heart. I am very sentimental haha. I treasure my past, and I'm willing to carry it to my future. You might be shocked to see this, but here's a list of what I do, that normally other guys won't do.

I started keeping my movie tickets from last year. I started keeping my boarding passes from my travel, even though it's just a trip back home. I keep any cards you gave to me. I keep anything you gave me, cards, gifts etc (unless food cause I'll eat it :P). I keep coins from my overseas travel, in fact I still have my Swedish and Norwegian coins, and HK coins as well.

Most shocking? I keep my sec 4 school diary. I cut my PE shirt's "Tanglin Secondary" logo and keep it. I keep my O Level exam papers. I keep my O Level entry pass. I keep the prom's invitation. I keep birthday cards my friends gave to me when I was in sec school. I keep the scores of my first band concert (IBM 28) [which I photocopied btw]. And many many more things.

Shocked? Well I do :)

I treasure my past, and I want to carry it to my future. I want to use it as a form of escape in the future to reminisce of the good times I had. But of course, I shall forget my bitter past behind. What's important is the sweet fruit, not the bitter seed huh. And you might find me crazy, non-sensical, out of my mind and many more.

You can say as much as you want, but this is me :) This is who am I and this is what I'm going to be. This is what I'm going to have in my future. So yep, live with it I guess! Heh. And my plan? I'm going to keep this box in the future, and put all these things nicely, and mark them down. And will keep it safe and sound somewhere in my room or my house (in the future) and it's for me, my partner, and my children to enjoy.

But ultimately. It's for me, that I can truly, expressively, enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

not shocking at all, Adhi. i always imagined you would secretly keep people's hair too.

Adhi said...

Omg that sounds creepy! People's hair... Eeew. Reminds me of that creepy guy from Charlie's Angel, the one that loves to smell the girls' hair -.-