Sunday 27 March 2011

Double rainbow

Hello! Hmm I've just realised I've not been putting pictures in my posts, so sorry heh. Sometimes I like my post to be words only, I know it's very wordy (umm duh) but yeah that's the style! Sorry for my OCD-ness heh. But anyway I've got a picture to show today! :D


It's a DOUBLE RAINBOW! (Acts like the Youtube Double rainbow guy). I fell asleep in the afternoon. And when I woke up in the evening, I was shocked by the colour of the sky! It was orange and cloudy orange. Then after that I looked out of my window and... It's a double rainbow! I quickly took my camera and snap snap snap. It was gone after a while so whew.

Yesterday I meet up with Jes, Ade, MF, WQ and Neal at WCP! We ate Fish&Co and celebrated earth hour with them haha. Finally able to pass them their HK presents! We walked along WCP then and decided to sit around Coffee Bean while Ade left for home. Not long after all of us headed for home then.

Today nothing much too, but I cooked! I don't know why I have cravings for sausages, so I cooked braised sausages in tomato puree. Wait it's not puree but uhh chopped tomatoes. But it's really nice! Should have put more pepper though, can't really feel the pepperiness of the pepper that I've added :)

Anyway I'll be off to another camp tomorrow. Whew, never have I in my life go to a camp with only 3 days apart! But I'll be off to the CLS FOC :D Not as a camper but as a photographer heehee. A bit nervous though, hope my pictures will turn out good. But thanks to the CLS FLC, I think I gain some exposures on how to take which shots so yep, lil experience :D

So here goes my holiday writing topic #6 - Passion

Well I'm sure you know my passion heh, I wrote it on my sidebar. And if the name of the blog is not obvious enough heh. Yes my passion is music. I love music and I can't live without it. I'm not sure when my passion of music started, but I'm sure it started when I was in P3 I think, I remember my sis bought me a Richard Clayderman CD, and I just love his songs, and the piano.

So I've decided to learn the piano. I learnt the keyboard actually, when I was in P4-ish. But I quit after that and left for Singapore. When I entered PTPS, I joined the Angklung ensemble. And I fell in love with music more! That was when I was exposed to New Age genre, thanks to the songs my teacher used for our songs, Enya songs.

When I entered secondary school, I joined TSMB. I guess this is when my passion for music just went KABOOM. For the better of course. I am happy being in a band, in an ensemble, playing together with people who love music as well. I love the fact how many people playing sounds much much better than a one person playing.

That's why I joined SPSB as well. This time round it's a 100-strong band! Which is like 3 times more than TSMB. So it's more "exciting" and challenging at the same time, as I'm exposed to more different songs, and of course, of higher difficulty. But I guess that's music. The higher you go, the more different songs of different difficulty you play, and the more fun it gets heh.

And yes I do play the piano as well. I learnt till grade 3, or from grade 3. But I quit when I was in sec 2, due to SYF commitments. So since then, I've been a self-taught pianist, I pick the songs I like and play them, either via ear or scores. And I do play the clarinet and flute as well! My aim is to learn strings instruments! I really really wanna learn the cello haha.

And of course as some of you may know, I do have a passion for photography as well. I picked it up just over a year ago, and I'm loving it more and more. I've been interested in photography since sec 2, but I was using my phone heh. I bought my first DSLR, my lovely Sony A230 (my girlfriend!) last year, and that's when my interest grow stronger.

The point is, live your life with passion. Do the things you enjoy, and always do it with joy and pride (but don't get proud please). Life is just too short to have many things you love or want to do undone. As the 7 effective habits, number 7 says, sharpen the saw. Always take some time off to do the things you enjoy. Well I do play the piano almost everyday, especially when I'm stressed. And there are times where I would just take pictures of skies etc in random days.

So people, love your life, and never stop loving what you love to do. Discover more things you enjoy doing, and hone them, improve your skill on them. If you love what you do, life will love you back. So enjoy enjoy enjoy! Sometimes we're too hooked in reality that we forgot to do the things we enjoy doing.

So, have you done something you loved today? :)

No comments: