Sunday 8 July 2012

I Believe in Music XXX

 Thanks for coming guys! (Y)

Good evening everyone! I just got back from SP Symphonic Band I Believe in Music (IBM) XXX concert! It was a great concert, I had a great time performing on that stage, playing my heart out, though I was feeling really damn, freaking, very nervous for Indiana Jones. Cause I have a duet part! Haha. It was shaky, but well I totally gave my best there. And I played my heart out.

It was just... Lovely :)

Anyway today was a great Sunday I guess! It started with Jurong Lake Run 2012 in the morning. Gosh, I woke up late, went to the wrong place, ran around to look for the bag deposit post, ran here and there before I even began the race. But I made it in time for the flag off and I even hit my target! And I even hit it earlier by like 39 seconds hahaha. It was great though :)

I really enjoyed the run at Chinese Garden. I've always loved running in new places. The air was fresh (Cause it was raining super early in the morning) and then the lake beside you, really good. Plus I really love the community-spirit there! Random strangers cheering you beside the road, helpers from all walks of life and ages giving you high-fives and cheering you up. Love it!

It was a funny moment though when I thought the Chinese Garden gate was the finish-point gantry hahaha. Despite of all the ordeals I went before the run, I did it, I made it, and I'm a proud finisher of Jurong Lake Run 2012 6KM race! And if you ask me why do I run for? As usual my answer will be I run to overtake myself. But this time round I have another reason.

To support Children Cancer Foundation! Since the event was in support  of CCF :D

After the run I went straight to school after taking a bath and dropping my stuff. And then it began with sound checks etc. I kinda like the fact that concert starts at 4.30 instead of the usual 6.30/7.30. Cause we ended early! Hahaha. And yup thank you everyone who has came and support SP Symphonic Band IBM concert! I hope you guys enjoyed it as much as I did :D

 I did it :)

Well IBM XXX was truly an enjoyable concert. It was a blast, I love the songs I played. But one song that has a special place in my heart was Howl Moving Castle, especially the Merry-do-round of life part. I love it, it's a song that tells me, reminds me, teaches me so much about life. At the same time, it's my favourite song too :) Well yep.

It's quite funny after the concert, RIGHT after the concert, I'm feeling very empty and sad. And... Lonely. As if something has left me. As I hit the last note of Up, it felt weird. Like this sense of emptiness, that something just left me and I'm there feeling alone. Not that I'm alone cause no one was with me (the band room was crazy! Haha) but just that tinge of loneliness.

I guess the concert series itself, "I Believe in Music" is something so meaningful, and attached for me. I believe in music, we all do and I believe we all should. Music is a universal language we can all connect to without even learning it. Some say it's food, some say it's love. But to me, music is definitely one. So if I ask you this question, do you believe in music, and why? What would your answer be?

Mine's simple. I believe in music for the things that it lets me do. For the things that it can do. For the things that it does to me. It lets me say what the mouth can't speak yet the heart wish to express. It can make me happy, make me sad, make me free and make me mad. It allows me to do what I can't do in real life. It allows me to be free, and show the world who I am and who I want to be.

And at the same time music is also... Something. He's a my best friend when I'm sad and no one is around. He's the only non-speaking thing that can cheer me up when I'm down. He's someone I can talk to, and though he doesn't have a mouth to talk to me, he whispers and gently caresses my heart directly. He's a non living non physical thing that I truly am proud to have as a friend.

And for all of the above reasons,

I believe in music

No comments: