Sunday 29 June 2014

Selamat beribadah puasa!

 When I tell you you're alright,
there's nothing wrong with your eyes
- Sin Fang-

Today is officially the first day of Ramadhan! So here's me wishing all Muslims a smooth-sailing month of fasting ahead :) Time flies by pretty fast, like well it's been almost a year since I last heard the call for Sahur at three in the morning. And then the sound of alarm used by the mosque here to call for buka. I miss these sounds. I'm not a Muslim but Ramadhan has got to be one of my favourite times of the year. I just love the atmosphere really.

And also today... I am officially back in business! Mwahaha. Well the flowers have began to bloom, like all of them. So I'm glad that they did. Because two weeks ago I told my customers that it'll take about 2 weeks for them to bloom. And last week when I saw the flowers again, I thought one week wouldn't be enough for them to fully bloom. I was feeling skeptical and nervous but hey, they indeed bloom so yay! Thank you for blooming in time.

I was on the verge to buy speakers and play classical music for the flowers heh.

It's the second last day of June, and also the 180th day of the year. Time flies indeed! Feels like the year has just barely started and here we are now eh.

Okay I'm just going to make it a quick post. Before I end let me share the great music of June!

Great music of June:
- Stay Gold by First Aid Kit
- Master Pretender by First Aid Kit
- Shattered and Hollow by First Aid Kit
- Your Song (Ellie Goulding version)
- Balance by Future Islands
- Nouse Lauluni by Rajaton
- What's Wrong With Your Eyes by Sin Fang

First Aid Kit just released their latest album in June, and I love it! Although their new album sounds kind of "sadder" than their previous one (The Lion's Roar). First Aid Kit is a folk/country female duo from Sweden. I discovered them from Jango, by their song "Emmylou". I fell in love with their voices and yup, I fell in love with them since a year ago. My favourite song from their new album is Stay Gold. I think the song kinda speaks about how I'm feeling these days.

I discovered Ellie Goulding's version of Your Song via Jango too! I've always know Elton John's version and her version is really lovely too. I love her voice! And I think her voice really matches the song, it's gonna be an awesome pre-wedding song or something. So sweet and lovely. Well Ellie Goulding is another of those artists I discovered late. I know her song "Lights" but yeah, didn't get to explore the rest of her songs. My bad habit heh.

Balance by Future Islands is a song I discovered from a Nokia Lumia advertisement haha. I've only known one of Future Islands song which is Seasons, love that song and I knew it was Future Islands who sang that song used in the advertisement. After a few lyric search I finally found the title and it is indeed Future Islands! How awesome :D

Nouse Lauluni is an acapella song by an acapella group called Rajaton from Finland! I chanced upon their song in a video from Youtube and wow I couldn't believe that the song is sang purely by human voices! So damn cool really. It's rather a challenging song to sing together too. They're really talented, I wish I can see them live heh.

Last but not least, What's Wrong With Your Eyes is a great song by Sin Fang. I know Sin Fang, but I didn't really listen to his songs. Now I discovered how awesome his songs are! Sadly I haven't gotten the luck to get his CDs in Singapore, let alone Jakarta. I love how happy and mellow this song is. And the rest of his album is as superb too :)

Alright that's all for the great music of June. May July bring more great music! :D Here's to an awesome beginning of July, and of course a great week ahead :)

No comments: