Sunday 22 June 2014

Those days

 
 I wish I can unwind

Ever since I left Singapore, it feels like I have literally left behind a life that I've been living for the past 11 years. It is pretty obvious, by the things that I no longer do now, but I often did when I was still in Singapore. Obviously the fact that I am now living in an entirely new country, a lot of things are very different. But well simple things like... Watching TV, is no longer something that I do often here. In fact I rarely watch TV here. Not once a week even.

So yesterday, I had the privilege and the time to watch TV, non-stop for one and a half hours. Well I just had dinner and then I went to my sister's room (cause she was out) and switched on the TV. I was just switching channels to see if there are any interesting movies. So I was watching "You, Me and Dupree" and a new movie I came across with "Evidence" which has an awesome plot but a hanging ending which I don't really enjoy heh.

And then I landed myself in Channel News Asia... And a rush of memories just hit me. It truly reminds me back to my days back in Singapore. CNA was a favourite channel of mine because it's a channel that keeps me updated with the local and global news. During ITP, I would just switch on CNA first when I got home and watch the programmes there and also I would stare at the crawling news below just to get the latest information and happenings.

And I also enjoy CNA's documentary and non-news related shows which are always interesting. Not to forget, the awesome music which the played after 2:50 AM and above when they go off-air to accompany me to sleep. And till now I am still very very curious to know what songs they play for the off-air programmes. I'm just so intrigued argghh.

Watching TV was definitely my favourite activity when I was still in Singapore (guilty). I enjoy cable TV in the comfort of my room without having to battle it out with my room mates and guardian or something haha. From movies, to news, music and knowledge (in terms of documentaries), TV was a source of entertainment for me. You can say that I spent 60% on TV for entertainment and 38% on internet and 2% on others. I know it's a bad percentage.

But here... Everything is different. Although yes I do have a TV in my room too, but I shared the decorder with my sister and it's located in her room. And also my TV is always wonky at times as it would switch off on its own. Last but not least, I just simply don't have the time. Before I go to sleep, my laptop is my source of entertainment. From Youtube to Facebook and blogging and this and that. Then I would just switch off my laptop and go to sleep.

So as I was watching TV yesterday, I realised how long it has been since I actually have the time and privilege to sit down and enjoy watching TV. It's been so long, that I feel I have forgotten how wonderful it is to do it. Life is just so busy and really "happening" that things like watching TV are no longer part of my day, unlike those days in Singapore.

I wish I can change my lifestyle here. Maybe I should stop using my laptop and start watching TV instead. Or maybe I should go back to books.

Well I'm just really missing everything about my life in Singapore. Where life seems so much simpler, although ironically back then I really feel it was a huge battle. I get to enjoy life and I get to try and balance it off. Here, it feels kinda difficult to balance things out. Well when I get to live in my own house one day, I'll make all the changes I want to. I'm a pretty weird person I must say, with a uniquely different mindset like everyone else around me now.

I miss Singapore and everything there. It's just one of those days I suppose.

No comments: