Friday 23 September 2016

Failure?

I think that failures are kind of inevitable in life. I mean everything has a chance of failing. We're all just playing with probabilities and how we do our shit. Like Paramore said, it's not the way we plan it, it's how we make it happen (Cold Cold World by Paramore). And at the same time, if we are so afraid of failing, we might as well stay in our rooms and do nothing in life. Get What I mean.

Well yes, there is always a chance of failing. But to me, I have a different kind of mindset. I'm not sure if this is a bad or good thing but I always have this mindset that whatever I do, will not fail hahaha. And if we do fail then err, we'll think of ways to rectify things heh. One of my bad habits in life is to not have a backup plan. I'm a very spontaneous guy. I fix problems instead of avoiding them.

Which can be something bad. Meh.

Or more like this. Like when I carry out a project, or do something new, I don't really like to think of failures. In the back of my head, yes I may fail and things may not work out. But I think it's more important to just focus and carry out this project. Basically do what you're supposed to do. Without thinking and fearing failures. Most of the time, magically, it always works fine.

I think Buddhism has taught me a lot regarding this. Like I just want to make full good use of this life. This month and this day. It is kind of difficult and "vague" to define "make full good use". But basically I have this belief that instead of spending and wasting your energy, time and thoughts on how things may fail, let us focus on making things work and achieve our goals. Ayyy.

Anyway the almost-one-year project that has been on-going is coming to a close real soon. Or in fact next week. I'm so excited for this new chapter ahead, and to continue writing this new chapter! I was just looking back on the times we were worried about things not working. Yet inside me I was just holding on to the hope and to the thought that everything will work fine. Just do it! *Shia LeBeouf style* 

Alrighty that's all for now! See you real soon. I have a couple of blog posts to write mmhmm.

No comments: