Thursday 8 September 2016

Grown Ups

Back when my sister got married last year, I used to joke with her, telling her that I can't wait for her to move out so that I can have her room. Today she moved to her new house since it's finished. And I was like noooo don't move heh. Oh well, today made me realise how quickly time is flying. We're all grown ups now! Well although I don't have to feel so sad cause her house is a 3-minute walk away.

But yeah, today made me kinda sad. Not exactly sad, I'm not sure how to put it but just the feeling of utter shock about time. Back then my siblings and I still live in my current house. Then my brother got married and he's now living opposite my house with his wife. Then my sister, who lived kinda far from my house, but still in my hometown thankfully. Last but not least, is my second sister today.

Now the house feels kinda empty. My sister used to sleep beside my room (it's another separate room) with my brother in law and the house just feels so different without her presence. Although I'm a night owl, and I spend my night alone (after having dinner with my mum and dad that is), it still feels different knowing that my sister is not here. I'm pretty sure you know what I mean.

Oh well but time is time and life is life. All of us move along with them and we grow up. We know one day we will all have our own respective lives and we just can't stay together any longer. Unless in special circumstances. So here's to growing up! Because life is a wonderful gift.

No comments: