Sunday 11 September 2016

Tying Up The Knot

 Congratulations Febi and Livia! :)

So today another cousin of mine is tying the knot with his girlfriend! Congratulations Febi and Livia for tying the knot together! I wish you a happy and blissful marriage ahead :D Man can't believe this cousin of mine is now a married man. Just a few years back, and by a few years I mean 17 years ago, we were two kids playing Playstation together (Final Fantasy for the win!). And today I attended his holy matrimony ceremony. It's so weird to think about it. But well, we're all grown ups now.

Anyway the past weekend has been very bustling for me. On Saturday we welcomed Livia's family and had dinner together with them at the farm. It was a great time with them I suppose, first time meeting them for me. Then I sent my cousins back to their hotel, and the night was spent calculating as usual.

For Sunday, we went to the temple at noon for the ceremony. It was so touching as usual. I thought I'm not gonna cry but I did shed some tears. Man tears! Haha. Just feeling really touched I suppose, seeing my cousin getting married. Febi is really a cousin that I'm quite close with when we were young. Game unites us haha. Although nowadays we talk more about travel, music and food. 

 Family gathering means time for a we-fie!

After the ceremony we went to have lunch together at a nearby restaurant. Thanks to this lunch session I discovered awesome vegetarian dishes that I can buy! The salted egg tofu and bo-cai soup is really good. More food to be included in my menu haha. After that we said goodbyes and that's all for Sunday! I didn't really have a good sleep the night before, so I got knocked out right away.

Felt kinda guilty that my dad and brother-in-law went to the farm without me. Thankfully there's no delivery today as tomorrow is a major Islamic public holiday here so it was pushed yesterday.

Weddings always make me feel both happy and sad. Happy because my family got to reunite together once again, and happy for the married couple. And I feel sad because they always remind me of how fast time is flying. It's kind of like... Being sad in a good way? Not sure if you get what I mean. It's just one of those events that make you ravel in the mystery of time. 

Alright, that's all for today. Once again, happy wedding to my cousin and his wife! :)

No comments: