Friday 16 September 2016

Happy (belated) Mid Autumn!

I miss autumn

Whew I forgot to blog last night. Not sure why. But yes yesterday was Mid-Autumn Festival! It's not autumn here obviously. I do miss autumn a lot though. Especially those wonderful autumn days we spent in Inner Mongolia with my GTs! Which reminds me, it's been 5 years since our trip. September is kind of a sentimental month for me because it always reminds me of the good days in Duolun.

Anyway as usual, my family gathered for Mid Autumn. This year wasn't as... Festive I suppose haha. Not sure why, but maybe we've all grown up now. We no longer play games, play chase and talk about random things. But my cousins and I were talking about taxes hahaha. Just a sign that we're all adults now. Nevertheless, I always enjoy my time together with my cousins and family members. 

It was rather cloudy last night in the evening but thankfully the sky cleared up, and the moon was shining brightly. I love mid-autumn. It reminds me of home (well I'm here now) and it reminds me of gatherings and just awesome fun. I had great memories celebrating mid autumn so yeah. Unlike back in those days in Singapore where I would celebrate it alone in my room haha.

I often wonder how long more we can uphold this tradition. And once we all grow up, how will things be? Perhaps my nephews and nieces will be the one playing around while we, the "adults", talk about life inside the house. Kind of eager to know how future mid-autumns will be like.

Going back to being sentimental... Yes, it's been five years! Can you believe it. I was digging for my Inner Mongolia trip journal again and just couldn't stop smiling while reading the journal. It truly feels like yesterday when I was writing it in Duolun. Be it in the hotel, outside the supermarket and so on. I'm really thankful that I wrote a journal. I can always go back to those days, it's like a time machine.

So I went to dig the photos again and boy I feel so sentimental. I wish I could go back to those days. Where life literally forgets itself. All I know is that I was enjoying my time a lot in those days. Blue skies, endless grasslands. It's amazing. Also the wonderful weather. I always long to return to Duolun!

Well like Dr Seuss said, don't cry because it's over but smile because it happened. I can only remind myself of this quote. Alright that's all for now. I hope September is treating you well :)

No comments: