Saturday 22 October 2016

Haircut

So I went to get a haircut last Thursday and I was getting it at a new barber. I used to frequent this barber for the past hmm 6 months or so. However, I have no choice but to change to a new one cause the previous barber was asking me to lend him some money.... Yes, it was pretty awkward. And it was the 2nd time he asked me for it. I don't think it's appropriate to lend money to someone whom I only meet once a month (there are a few barbers and he's been cutting my hair for 3 months).

I felt a bit uncomfortable so I decided to switch barber eeeep.

But anyway, I don't really like switching barbers/hairdressers because I'm always left with the hairstyle dilemma. Whenever I go to a new barber, the first thing he'll ask me is "So what style do you want me to cut?". And of course I'll reply with a simple "Just cut it shorter" in which he'll ask me back "Yeah, but what style do you want me to cut" Hahaha. Which I don't know how to reply.

Because I know nothing about style heh. In Indonesia I usually tell them make it spiky. And most of the time the result is what I want. But last Thursday I felt that my top hair wasn't short enough so I asked him to cut it shorter. And he's like "But if I cut it shorter, it won't be spiky. It will be tapered". And of course I went "What's tapered?". Oh goodness, this is why I don't like switching babers haha.

Thankfully everything went well and he cut my hair according to how I want it to be cut hehe. I guess now he knows how I want my hair to be like! Although to be honest, after Googling, I'm kinda interested to get that tapered haircut. Maybe I should try it the next time I visit him :P

When I was in Singapore, I've been going to the same hairdresser for the past 9 years while I was there. Sometimes I go to that QB house place if I'm at Holland and wanna cut my hair. But most of the time I will go to my favourite hairdresser aunty who's been cutting my hair for 9 years! She's been cutting my hair since primary school till poly. It's quite crazy but yeah, she remembers my young days.

Sometimes I just have the thought of going back to my botak days. I've been keeping that botak hairstyle for 13 years of my life. I decided to change when I entered secondary school. And I went botak whenever I joined Hair For Hope. I was reading Timber Hawkeye's Faithfully Religionless and there was a part about "Decision Fatigue". He mentioned about why he shave his head and it was to avoid this decision fatigue. Life become simpler for him. And I have the same idea actually.

I don't have to worry about switching barbers because I'm sure every barber knows how to shave someone's head haha. I think the only worry I have is how I look. But since I don't really care much about that, I think it shouldn't be a problem. The only thing I don't like being botak is... I look fatter hahaha. Okay it's still into consideration, maybe I'll do it when I'm older.

But I think now that I found a new barber, things should be going okay. Hopefully....