Tuesday 25 October 2016

MX Five

So yesterday was Coldplay's 5th album (Mylo Xyloto) 5th anniversary! Can't believe that it's released 5 years ago. It felt like a long time ago, but at the same time it feels like yesterday. MX is my 2nd favourite album from Coldplay (after A Rush of Blood To The Head). I love the feel and vibe of the album, but also, it's because I've shared so many great memories with that album!

The album was released on the 24th of October. I couldn't really remember when I bought it physically 5 years ago. But it was definitely around November-ish. Because I remember listening to Paradise after my KK training and during my runs as well heh. I shared a lot of nice memories with this album. From my first 10K run, to my first mountain climb, and a beautiful reminder that life is wonderful!

I can still remember the first time I discovered "Paradise". I remember taking falling asleep while watching MTV after school and then at night, I was woken up with the grand entrance of the synth and strings to the song. I was like oh my goodness what's this song? Cause the band isn't in the video, just an "elephant" in Africa haha. But I know it was Coldplay, I recognised Chris' voice.

And that's when I found out that they're releasing a new album, Mylo Xyloto.

Come to think of it, the only way where I discovered that my favourite band/artist is releasing a new song is via the radio. Although we had Facebook, the artist pages aren't as active and "informative" as they are today. I remember I discovered Viva la Vida through 98.7 FM. I remember listening to the song for the first time in the libary. Jes was with me and she was like "Adhi is that Coldplay?" Haha.

Times have changed of course, and I'm glad that I can get many access to these informations easier as compared to the past. In fact now, probably 70% of my social media use is to get informed of my favourite bands/artists for new albums or if they're coming here for a concert haha. 

Oh well, MX will always be one of the greatest albums ever released in my lifetime. I'm still looking for its vinyl! Perhaps I'll order one from Amazon haha. Alrighty, happy belated birthday Mylo Xyloto! :)

No comments: