Tuesday 18 October 2016

Who Wants To Live Forever


You know how sometimes, in the most random-est occurrence, you just suddenly think of a random song? A few days this happened to me. I suddenly think of this great song by Queen, which was sang by Sarah Brightman as well. Don't get me wrong, I love the Queen's version, but it was through Sarah Brightman's DVD that I discovered this song heh. Almost 10 years ago!

One of the lyrics to this song is something I always keep inside my heart. It says:

"What is this thing that builds our dreams yet slips away from us"

I didn't really think of the answer until yesterday, when also, in the most random-est occurrence, I thought of the answer. I think the answer is time. Time builds our dreams and yet it slips away from us.

Upon further analysis of the lyric of this great song, I think this song is really about living in the moment. In the middle of the song it says "this life has only one sweet moment set aside for us". And in the last few part of the lyric it says "forever is all today". I think this "one sweet moment" refers to the present moment. And I think we always forget to enjoy and make good use of this sweet moment.

And thus the song asks who wants to live forever? As a reminder that there's no point to living forever if we can't make good use of the present of moment. Thus the lyric that goes "and we can live forever because forever is all today". Seriously, the present moment is the most beautiful place you'll go to thus far. Don't miss this chance, don't let this sweet moment slip away from you.

No comments: