Monday 31 October 2016

Quicksand

It's the last day of October can you believe it! As I was writing "1/11/16" just now, it felt so crazy and surreal that hey, the year is officially coming to an end. Well we still have two more months but urgh, if ten months of the year went by like this, what's two months right? Haha. October has been another crazy month! So glad I passed through it. Still got things to touch up on though.

I've been making a habit to write the things that I want to blog about as drafts. And then publish it when I'm done writing. It's kind of a complicated process, but at the same time I do have a list of things that I want to write about. I haven't found the time to write them all. Slowly but surely, I think I'll publish them all. Been keeping on track about the 100 post goals, hope to write more.

Alright I think I'll just move on to the great music of this month! Here goes:

Great Music of October:
- Winterbreak by Muna
- Loudspeaker by Muna
- Who's Got You Singing Again by PREP
- Futures by PREP
- Lying To You by Goldroom
- Silhouettes by Goldroom
- Tilted by Christine and The Queens
- High and Low by EOTS
- Way To Go by EOTS

So many great music are released in this month! Lets begin with PREP. Their EP is the second most anticipated album of this year (after Shura's debut) and I can't wait to receive the vinyl! I really love PREP and I'm so excited for the EP. I think it is like the "going home anthem", and I enjoy listening to them on my way home, singing my lungs out. Looking forward to the road ahead for them!

Next we have Empire of The Sun's 3rd album - Two Vines! I also pre-ordered it, but I love their new songs so much that I get them off iTunes first haha. I think it is an amazing album and they haven't lost their touch. Some people say they expected something different, but for me I love their vibes and stuff. So yeah. I'm glad to still hear their signature in this album. Three years worth the wait!

Got my copy of Goldroom's Debut album West of The West in this month and I'm so happy for Josh! The album is awesome and I truly hope I can see him live one day. That will be awesome. I missed him at WTF14 (I think) and man, I hope I'll get another chance. 

Muna is an awesome band from LA that I discovered from YouTube. I think I was putting some videos on shuffle and their song "Winter Break" was playing. I love the song and searched for more. I'm hooked now! Last but not least, I discovered Christine and The Queens from Shura and I'm so thankful for her haha. Tilted is such an awesome pop song and I kinda like the lyrics. Gonna save some money to get her album haha. I've been spending quite a lot on albums nowadays :P

I still have OneRepublic's new album on the way. Preordered them from a shop here but it hasn't arrived yet hmmm. I listened to it on Spotify and it's awesome though. I wanna give it a full proper listen.

Alrighty that's all for now. So many great music are released in October and it's so awesome. I'm looking forward to November and December. Especially November though, I get to finally go for a gig, a freaking concert! Haha. More info coming soon. In the mean time, I hope October went by wonderfully for you. Two more months to go, lets make 2016's epilogue a beautiful one :)

No comments: