Wednesday 30 August 2017

Do It Again

Hello! It's the end of August again and lets talk about the great music I discovered in this month. Well there aren't many but some of them are really good. Lets get into it.

Great Music of August:
- Do It Again by Trevor Something
- Summer Love by Trevor Something
- Enjoy The Silence by Trevor Something (Depeche Mode Cover)
- Mysterium by Hammock
- I Would Give My Breath Away by Hammock
- Now and Not Yet by Hammock

Song of the month: Do It Again by Trevor Something

Yup I just discovered one new artist today and he goes by the name Trevor Something! I chanced upon him after discovering his cover of Depeche Mode's Enjoy The Silence which is really good. Well I thought there won't be any "justifiable" cover but whew his cover is so good. So I dug more of his music and I'm so loving the synths! Do It Again is definitely a favourite of mine.

Hammock surprised me last month when they announced that they will be releasing a new album in August! It was rather a surprise cause they just released their previous album last month, which is one of my favourites from them. Mysterium is kind of a different direction from Everything and Nothing. But this album is so.... Beautiful. I can't really describe their music, but to me it is the music that you want to listen to if you want to question about your existence in life haha. It's heart-blowing too.

Yup just a short post regarding some new music! Most of the albums I've been anticipating in 2017 have been released haha. So yeah I was feeling a bit "sad" to know that summer is coming to an end. But then more surprises along the way! For example Alvvays is releasing a new album next week, and Yumi Zouma as well! Also I think Sam Smith has something in store as well. And PREP! Saw their instagram and they're mixing the next EP apparently. I am so so excited. 

Alright that's all for now I guess. Seriously can't believe we're left with 4 more months of the year!

No comments: