Saturday 26 August 2017

Doing Nothing

 
Today really feels like a weird Saturday for me. Perhaps it was not a usual one. I usually spent it at the farm with my father in the evening but today we didn't, because the road there was closed for some filming. So I spent it at home, doing nothing. Which feels pretty weird to me because well like every other Saturdays I will be at the farm but not today. It just felt so empty and so... Silent.

So I spent the evening cleaning up my room, which I usually do at night after I do the calculations. After that I had dinner and do calculation and so on. It felt like an out-of-place Saturday.

As much as I enjoy doing nothing, I don't like it when it's like out of my norm? Like John Lennon said, time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. I do enjoy my fair share of Saturdays doing nothing. Because on other days, I'm usually busy with stuff. Leaving only these 2-3 hours before sleep as my free time. But to be honest I don't like it when I do nothing for the whole day haha. So I usually do something else in between these hours. Be it cleaning up my room, or even do some work.

So today felt a bit extreme for me. Spending the whole day doing nothing! Well I spent it by watching YouTube videos and surfing the net and scrolling through instagram. Oh so productive right. After which I cleaned up my room. And after that, my "Saturday" kinda went back to normal.

I find it ironic sometimes, how I always wish for lots of free time on other days, when I look at the amount of things I have to do. But once I got these free times, I felt uncomfortable, wishing I was doing something else. Well I would say it's a whole different story here. In Singapore most of my Saturdays are kinda empty. And I spent it by going out with friends, grocery shopping or eating out (even alone!). Cooking for dinner, watching TV, going for a run and so on. Lots of options.

I don't have much options here to be honest. 

Maybe I should just one day go out and explore my hometown taking photos and so on. I really miss those days where I can just go to a random place in Singapore with my iPod and listen to music as I watch time goes by. That sense of bliss of doing nothing is incredible. I guess.

No comments: