Wednesday 9 August 2017

What Do You See?

 Happy Birthday Singapore!

It's the ninth of August once again so... Happy Birthday Singapore! I think this day will remain as a special day in the year for me. I've spent this day singing national day songs in schools for 7 years when I was still in Singapore. Spent this day watching the NDP show on TV while eating dinner. It's pretty much a melancholic day when I was still in Singapore. I used to contemplate a lot about the days spent on the sunny island. And now I've been back home for 4 years. Still a special day!

Although not gonna lie, today feels like a pretty normal day for me. Maybe life has caught up with me. Well today was indeed a busy day for me. So many things to do and to handle so I was pretty preoccupied that I didn't realise it was 9th of August! In fact I just finished doing some stuff just now before blogging. And it's 4:45 AM now haha. Well, such is life I suppose!

I was transferring a few files to my hard drive last Saturday when I came across my photo folders. Photos that I've been taking since 2010, when I first got my camera. Floods of memories came rushing in! So many good memories of my days in Singapore especially in my poly days. 

The above photo was taken at Marina Barrage back seven years ago, while I was with Ade, Jes and Neal when we were celebrating my birthday. It was such a good day, the sky was clear and the weather was very lovely. The barrage was crowded with people having picnics and flying kites. There was also NDP rehearsal so we got to watch the flag fly-past and fireworks at the end. Good days!

I would say my poly days were some of the most loveliest days in Singapore. I suppose it's a time where I have learned to value time and memories. So I decided to enjoy them and to also document them. Can't help but to smile whenever I flip through these photos. So much have changed and time has flown so quickly. Here we are now, on this day and this moment.

But those days will always remain here. In my heart.

Well I do miss Singapore sometimes. I miss my friends, the people and the food. But most importantly I miss my days in Singapore. They are really something I will never trade with anything. Every simple moment that I went through are very valuable to me, and I'd love to experience them again.

You know simple things like going to school, my Sunday evening runs, grocery shopping, talking with friends, eating out with them and so on. They are the moments I'll hold on to forever.

I was hoping to return to Singapore every year and well so far I've been doing that. Although I feel my trips were too short! This year I only returned for Coldplay and only managed to meet with a few people only. I'd really to make this a reality but well sometimes I feel that I have another responsibility to hold. And pretty sure my friends need to make some arrangements too now that we're all working adults.

I hope to return soon!

Alright stopping here for now. Happy Birthday again, Singapore!

No comments: