Thursday 22 February 2018

Aromatherapy

Just as I thought that I was getting better from my insomnia in January... I started to get it again in February hah. I have no idea why, I've been having an on-and-off insomnia. Like I said previously, I knew that I usually get insomnia on the two solstices of the year. But hmm sometimes I will get a period of that once in a few months or so. Maybe I'm just fated hahaha.

The thing is it's not that I can't sleep at all. Or that I don't feel sleepy. I still feel sleepy and I usually go to bed at 5 AM. But then I will just be awake until about 6.30 or so. If it got worst, I would sleep at 7/7.30! There was even a time where I only managed to fall asleep at 9 AM. The good thing is that once I fall asleep, I will sleep well. I won't constantly wake up etc. Although of course, the later I sleep, the more tired I'll feel when I wake up, and throughout the day.

I didn't take any naps before this, didn't drink any strong tea or whatsoever. I don't know what's going on. Maybe it's my sub-conscious mind. Or maybe it's just my body. Also the weird thing is that... I did once try to go to bed earlier (like 4 AM). Things got worst, I became restless and couldn't sleep!

So yeah I've been trying alternatives to this problem. I tried chamomile but hmm it doesn't work that well. It does work, but I gotta like drink chamomile tea 3 times a day heh. Cause a few weeks ago I was having a bad sore throat and I just spammed chamomile. 3 cups a day! It does make me feel more sleepy, but it's quite bad to an extent that I feel sleepy throughout the day hahaha.

Now I'm trying a new method: aromatherapy! Well I tried this 7 years ago back in Singapore and it kinda worked. Now I used candles. I bought this small Yankee candle sampler. Been using it for two nights now but ehh... Okay either I did something wrong, or I got cheated, but the smell isn't that strong! And also the smell is only wafting on-and-off. Pretty weird. Any candle expert?

I want to try going back to burners though, that's what I used in Singapore and it helped quite a lot with the sleep, and also the smell is constant throughout. Was reading online last night and lots of articles say that diffuser is a better choice since it doesn't emit smoke. Might want to do that as well! Diffusers are kinda expensive though. But no harm trying I guess. All for sleeeeep.

Okay just a short and random update. I wanna talk about my chamomile experience on another post!

No comments: