Tuesday 27 February 2018

Count To Five

Hello hello hello. It's the 2nd last day of February, gosh where did you go time! Been quite busy with work as usual since it's the end of the month. Hopefully I can wind down in the weekend. Alright time to get down to business! Didn't expect myself to discover some new music in February but I did.

Great Music of February:
- Fireworks by First Aid Kit
- Rebel Heart by First Aid Kit
- Ruins by First Aid Kit
- Waste by Rhye
- Count To Five by Rhye
- Softly by Rhye
- Get Out by Chvrches
- Don't Bring Me Down by PREP
- Ayahuasca by Vancouver Sleep Clinic

Song of the month: Don't Bring Me Down by PREP

Recevied my copy of First Aid Kit's Ruins and Rhye's Blood in this month finally! Both are amazing albums to start the year with really. Ruins is a pretty beautiful album in my opinion. The lyrics are amazing as usual from First Aid Kit. And as usual, Klara and Johanna's beautiful voice really sends the album into a whole beautiful package. Although however I prefer their previous album "Stay Gold", well simply because I can connect more personally to that album heh.
I was pretty excited about Rhye's Sophomore album because I really love his first album! Milosh is such a talented singer. And his voice totally compliments his music. I feel that Blood is an incredible album on all sides. The music, lyrics and the story behind the album as well. 

There's some singles being released. And they are releases I've been expecting this year! Let's start with the first one from Chvrches. I love how Chvrches used FB Messenger to tease us with new materials. Get Out is a pretty catchy song. I thought it was a pretty decent song at first but towards the middle things get pretty nice. Especially the lyrics though! It's so...... </3

And finally a song I've been waiting for almost a year, it's Don't Bring Me Down by PREP! I first listened to this song when I caught them at Kampoeng Jazz last year. I didn't know the title of the song. I know it's just "Don't bring me down song" haha. I fell in love with that song the first time I heard it. I've been repeating their live video of the song on YouTube! And now it's here :D 

Also I can't wait for their new EP in April wee!

Last but not least Vancouver Sleep Clinic released a surprise song on YouTube! I was quite shocked cause the song is 8 minutes long but man, it's such an intensely beautiful song. I am kinda hoping that it'll be broken into three songs? Cause the first segment is a beautiful melancholic song. But man VCS just did it again. I love their music, they give you a feeling you can't describe really.

Alright that's all for the great music of February! Here's to more discovery in March. See ya :)

No comments: