Friday 16 February 2018

Happy Chinese New Year!

 Happy Chinese New Year for the cool uncles and aunties of Baros United!

Hello first of all I just wanna wish you a Happy Chinese New Year! May you have a wonderful and prosperous year of the dog ahead, and may you be healthy and happy always! Hope the year of the rooster has been treating you well. It's the year of the doggies now I guess. Not sure how it's gonna be!

Anyway the past two days have been a busy and eventful one as usual, with my family gathering together for CNY. Yesterday we had the prayers and reunion lunch as usual, and then we ushered in the new year at the strike of midnight together. As for today it was a pretty chill day (thank the universe) with not so many guests coming over. So yeah not as hectic hahaha.

Yesterday was the reunion lunch and as usual I cooked something for my family. This year it's kimchi-jeon AKA kimchi pancake! I had some kimchi at home and decided to make it. It was okay but I didn't taste the kimchi first... And it was pretty sour oh dear. Hope my ancestors still like it heh. 

Spent the rest of the afternoon chatting and catching up with the rest of my family, cousins, aunts and so on. Then went to the temple in the evening. I don't usually do this, but I've been doing it for the past 3 years or so and it has become a habit. Well, just to give thanks to the deities of the temple for guiding me in the lunar year, and praying for a good and smooth year ahead too.

After that I joined my aunt and cousins for a porridge meal at our favourite porridge restaurant!

Then spent the night working with some calculations oops! Well we're not supposed to do it but I was just rushing to finish it to join in with the rest of my cousins and family haha. Managed to do it in 45 minutes so yep! After that we started to prepare for the midnight prayers and we ushered in the new year! Ended the night with a good laugh, love it when all of my family gathers together. 

An awesome way to usher in the new year. May this year be filled with happiness and laughter!

As for today, it was just the usual day of receiving guests and relatives over to my grandma's house, where the altar for my ancestors is located in. However it was a pretty chill day for us heh. Kinda same as last year or in fact even better! Well I hope it's another sign that it's gonna be a chill year mwahaha. Well definitely going to be an exciting year for us! 

And as usual we went to my grandma house in the evening. My cousins are there too and oh my goodness they're so tall. Also now that my grandma has three great grandchildren, the house wash filled with noise of my nephew and niece playing together haha. Man time sure does fly. I wish my grandma the best of health and longevity. Also she's been having dementia so it's kinda funny how she always ask me to eat more food even though I ate a lot already :P

Yup that's all for the first day of the new lunar year! It was a good break definitely. A good time to just slow down and recharge before going back to work. I wish everyone a wonderful year of the dog ahead. And hope you had a great CNY with your loved ones if you're celebrating! :)

No comments: