Wednesday 18 December 2019

Cold Weather

We've entered the rainy season but damn this week the rain has been pretty intense! It was raining hard since Saturday and well, after a long drought, hard torrential rain seems pretty weird to experience heh. But nevertheless I've been enjoying the (albeit too) cold weather, after a month or so of humid nights. Now I can actually close my windows at night. Usually I leave it open till before I sleep!

But the rain also brings its effect on my flowers who are blooming slower now. Well we have sort of predicted this because the dry and hot weather in the past two months have made my flowers bloom way too quickly. Like the flowers for December are now 80% harvested (because they already bloomed, we have no choice). And the ones in January are beginning to bloom too. What in the world!

The long drought was totally unexpected to stretch until November. I thought it would have started to rain in October/November but nope. Well this is the bad side of agriculture I guess. We can't predict the weather and we can only work our way around whatever that is happening to us. Same thing is happening to the farmers... I have a customer whose crop failed because of the drought too. Sad really.

Anyway, the cold weather is pretty welcomed. I have cosy nights now to tuck myself to bed. And as usual it's the perfect weather to reminisce and reflect about the year. Which... I need to start doing! Haha. I still have 5 more posts to go. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do man :P

It's a weird year, I don't have much to reminisce and talk about. 

No comments: