Sunday 22 December 2019

Solstice

Happy winter solstice!

First of all wishing you a happy Winter Solstice! I hope you had some tang yuans today. Well it's technically the summer solstice here in the Southern Hemisphere but let us all pretend we're in winter haha. Well the cold weather is kinda fitting for the occasion too! :P As always winter solstice is a sentimental day for me. A reminder that the year is coming to an end. And also a day where I feel old because I have to eat (age+1) amount of tang yuans as a tradition.

And every year the bowl gets more and more filled. And this year I have to eat 28. When it feels like yesterday when I have to ear twenty! Haha. We're all growing old eh.

Anyway for this year's creation I made myself 6 special tang yuans! It's a... Tang yuan with roasted pumpkin seeds and vegan nutella filling. Woo la la. And it tastes pretty good! Sadly somehow, the filling isn't as sweet as I tasted last night. Perhaps it's because of the dough that diminishes the sweetness of the filling. But I ain't gonna complain. It tastes good! Wish I made more tho.

I found that there's a shop selling vegan nutella made out of coconut and sunflower oil instead of cream. It tastes really good, almost the same as the real thing! However it's loaded with artificial sweetener (it's like 97% sugar free heh) so I'm not sure if it's considered healthy.

Alright short post from me today. Hope you had a great solstice, and some tang yuan! :) 

No comments: