Friday 20 December 2019

Finding Gold

"We find gold in the place you don't look for"
- Blinker by Favela

Okay so something really heartwarming and exciting happened last week! So about 3 weeks ago one of my favourite musicians, Favela, sent me a DM on Instagram asking me for my T-shirt size and address. Which I gratefully gave with delight. I thought he was just going to send a T-shirt and... Last week a package arrived! It was from him and on the package, below the custom declaration, there was also "vinyl record" written and I was shooketh! So excited I opened it up right away.

And... Inside there was not only a T-shirt but also his Future Visions EP vinyl T_T oh my goodness, I've been wanting to get a copy of it but it is unavailable anywhere now. And it's only available in his gigs. I didn't get it when it was released because back then, I don't have a vinyl player yet haha.

I'm so lost for words upon opening the package. I'm so happy to receive it! Thank you so so much, Favela. Christmas came early for me this year. I did send him a Christmas package too. 

I hope it arrives safely in the UK :D

Okay I think I wrote a special dedication post for Favela already earlier this year but... Since we're on the theme of the last year of this decade, I think Favela is indeed one of my "Artists of the decade"! Well for me I never really like discover an artist since their beginning. I always discover artists a few years later after they release music. But this is not the case for Favela and a few of my favourite musicians too! Okay well I think I discovered Favela 1-2 years after his first release. But at least I've been following him before he released his Future Visions EP :D A blissful discover from Soundcloud!

Alright that's all for me now. Gonna write a few more posts in the coming days. Once again thank you very much Favela for sending me the Future Visions EP and the T-shirt. I hope my package arrives safely too :) Wishing you, your family and the team a Merry Christmas! :D

No comments: