Friday 13 December 2019

Decade II

Right, lets begin with me writing out what happened in the past decade... Time for a feel-trip!

2010
Entered SP, via the DPA programme. Started earlier than my poly mates because of the early admission programme where we took our GEMs classes ahead. Met some wonderful people and one of my best friends in poly (Hi Candy!). Entering poly was really something I look forward to. A totally new environment and way of studying. I was so eager to start and pretty excited!

2011
Entered year 2 and decided to join the research option. We were the pioneer batch. School wise it was more challenging but the case-based learning method was also awesome. I enjoyed it a lot. Became more active and decided to join many activities. Signed up for OCIP trip to Inner Mongolia (the best school trip I went to). Climbed Mt Kinabalu. Went for my first 10K race. Performed in Esplenade. Up till now, I still think 2011 is the best year of my life. I experienced many things and I'm glad I did!

2012
Last academic year of poly. Little did I know it will (probably) be my last year of school life. Spent 7 months on an internship and also while doing my FYP. It was pretty challenging, also because I was alone in Singapore since my sister has returned back home. Thankful for the company of my friends during this time! Performed for the last time with SPSB at Esplenade, still hoping it won't be my last. I went to the US with my sis for the first time. Also I decided to return back home the next year.

2013
Spent the first half of the year telling myself to accept the fact that I'm going back home heh. Graduated from SP. It was a weird year for me. A year I wish wouldn't arrive, because my heart felt so heavy to leave Singapore. My friends, and the life I've been living for the past 11 years. But life is life and it has to go on. Also I made this decision myself. It was a tough year because I have to adjust myself to the new life back at home. But also thankful for all the years in Singapore. Went to Thailand with JAMBS for the first time! Then returned back in December with Ade and Jes. Weird weird year indeed.

PS: A bit of heads-up, I won't be talking about my work life here

2014
Getting used to being back home. Settling into the new rhythm of life. Became an uncle with the birth of my nephew. Realised my dream of going to Iceland (finally) in August and it's my first solo trip going somewhere I've never been before. I love this trip so much. I hope I can return!

2015
Getting more used to work. Decided to visit my friends in Australia in July during the holiday. Finally visited another continent haha. It was a great trip with them!

2016
Realised my dream of going to Tibet in April. And it is the best trip I've ever went to in my life. And I long to return one day. Met some wonderful people during the trip too! Okay travel aside, 2016 was a rather turbulent year. But I'd love to quote the saying "when things are falling apart, they are may actually be falling into place". And 2016 felt like that year. It was tough and I don't want to go through it again. At the same time... My mental health went down from here heh. 2016 was fucking insane really.

2017
The year began with a miracle. Something out of the blue happened without our expectation. This is by far the biggest teaching of impermanence to me. And thus I decided to get anicca tattoed on my wrist. Went to Cambodia, this would be my last trip in a long while (I hope it won't be so long hah). I feel like I've come at peace with the though of trusting the universe. I want to move forward with it, while trusting that it will take me somewhere. A place I have to be in.

2018
This was another weird year. I thought I have "moved on" from the turbulence of 2016 in 2017 but in this year... It was weird. My shadows were accompanying me again. But at the same time I think more about life. I think more about myself. And inevitably, I think more of the future.

2019
Haven't wrapped my head on this year but... It was another weird year heh. But I learned a lot I guess. And I think a lot. I think you'll have to wait for my end of year reflection soon.

Yup. This has been my decade. It's a fun one I would say, the first half of it haha. I will write my general thoughts about this in another separate post. Whew. Ten years passed just like that.

No comments: