Saturday 22 October 2011

The end of a beginning

Us, Mr Lawrence and Kwang Yi upon completion of our post-trip! :)
[Photo credit to Shihui :D]

Please don't call me weird. But I have a sudden interest in Chinese songs! Not pop ones, more like songs about China kind of songs! But seriously they're all so beautiful! Aww! In particular I'm hooked with Han Hong's Tian Lu or Heavenly Road. If you don't know, please listen to it in Youtube. It's brilliant! It's a song a bout the Qinghai railway to Tibet. And yes I want to go to Tibet! :O

Anyway today was a great day with the GTs! We had our post trip today, even though there were only 14 of us there. We went to Villa Francis Home! It's an old folks home and we went there to do some gardening work hehe. First we plogh the soil, clear the weeds and an ants' nest, top up the top soil and compost and then plant the seeds! We planted green bean, honeydew, capsicum, bittergourd I think.

Even though today was really a hot day, we worked our sweat out and finished it quite quickly! It felt good to have planted the seeds again, just like those GT days we had in Duolun. Just that this time round we plant seeds instead of saplings, and... The weather is so humid ad HOT! Oh well we're near the equator afterall, no longer in northern hemisphere. But yup nevertheless, we had fun and we worked hard! :)

I really hope the elderlies there cane enjoy our fruits of labour soon :) Umm not so soon but soon heh.

After the post trip some of us went back, while the rest of us went to Lot 1 for lunch! We had lunch at the foodcourt. And then some of us had to leave as well, then the 7 of us went to MOF for result. Phew! What a delightful and filling afternoon. But I've really enjoyed my time with them :) After MOF Elijah, Joel and Ardin stayed while Candy, Doreen, Nic and me headed home.

Sigh, it's kind of sad to know that today, the Green Desert @ SP Fall 2011 project has come to an end. Well today was the post trip so officially, the project has come to a close. But definitely not our friendship and memories! And our efforts of making mother earth greener. You know I feel so blessed to have been chosen into the trip, and to be given the chance to embark in such a wonderful journey :)

This is so gonna be one experience I'll never forget in my life! :)

I'm suppose to write more write-ups about my OCIP trip but argh. I will! Soon okay :P Nevertheless please enjoy this video I make! Postcards from Beijing :D

Green Desert. Memory of a lifetime. Experience of a lifetime.

No comments: